[CONTEST] EMC Comic Strip Contest

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Imgur is love, Imgur is life. :eek: *bows down* I don't know how I ever got on without this site.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  2. In light of the deadline being so close, I thought I recalled a mention of being allowed to use MC vectors or whatever. So my question is: Can I use MC blocks as backgrounds? Take pictures ingame of a setting i'd want to use or something. I've got my foreground stuff laid out, but with need to finalize that, I dunno if I have enough time to put effort into a 'proper' background. If not, I'll just try to finish the foreground ASAP and try to computer edit a layer in with watercolours mashed together to as close as what I wanted xD
  3. Oh, it is pretty close xD

I think it is allowed to use MC blocks and such as a background, it's more the story that matters
  4. Great, I figured it'd be okay, but I wanted to double check. Though honestly, if I have time, the water color splash work sounds kinda fun ^.^
    607 and AliceF3 like this.
  5. Oooo, that does sound fun actually :p I think I did a bit of that for Art at school, it's pretty entertaining
    607 likes this.
  6. How many panels have you guys got in yours?
    I have 9, I feel like it's a bit long really
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  7. I have eight panels, but the first panel is just a panel with the comic's title. :)
  8. Title boxes to be counted? I hope not xD I'll just leave that out then :p I have the max of 10 in my draft, but I'm in the layout stages (about half of my story scenes are done so figured I'd multitask and figure out how I want them to go). It does seem a bit long, yeah? Mine seems okay since there isn't much dialogue.
  9. I doubt title boxes will be counted, but that's a question for krysyy. :)
    607 likes this.
  10. How is ten panels long for a comic?
  11. Considering this is strip comics, it's pretty long. It also may be a visual thing, where it just looks kinda long as well if in perspective with storyline. For me, it's a bit short considering I'm having trouble with scene layout. Gotta get the whole story in that much? I'm a very visual person, so even tho the story is short, it's hard to put what I want in a brief picture. All in the key frames i suppose.
    607 likes this.
  12. Thanks to the spam of donations I haven't had the hour or so to go through and grab them all. I will take care of this tonight though so look forward to that list growing a LOT. :)
    You can use whichever media you prefer as long as it is submitted in a picture format. Hand-draw it, use paint, use photoshop, etc....your preference =)
    Title Boxes are NOT counted, but good question.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  13. 10 panels and the title panel at the end,cuz manga styled comic...
    607 likes this.
  14. Bump.

Getting super close to the end of this contest guys. I need anyone who signed up for donations to send the donations to me if they are rupees (quite a few of you pending) or place items to be donated in their first vault (if not picked up already).

Thanks! :D
    hashhog3000 and sambish20 like this.
  15. First panel done on Minecraft Pocket Edition (Ignore the sheep...)

16. Finally finished it ; w ;
    It's not funny and I got lazy towards the end, but it's done, so I'm ok now :p
  17. :/ Hopefully it is to others, mine seems sort of funny...
    hashhog3000, 607 and AliceF3 like this.
  18. I hope you appreciate my comic! I was going for a bit of a twist on things, and made most of my panels based on the art style of lots of my favorite artists! (I hope someone gets them xD) But anyways, good luck to all competitors, and I hope you all enjoy my submission!

Here's the link!
    https://i.imgur.com/w6ff7vL.jpg?1
    Thayf13, 607 and NathanRP like this.
  19. I lost...
    NathanRP likes this.
  20. No no no, DJ Krazy, don't say that! I'm going to feel bad... ; - ;
    607 likes this.