[CONTEST] EMC Christmas Tree Showcase

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by CDJS, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Community’s favorite receives a Gold Supporter Voucher and a 2015 Dasher Egg!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Our two entries for the EMC Christmas Tree Showcase:

Winner receives a Gold Supporter Voucher and a 2015 Dasher Egg!

_Zoway_ - SMP5 #10313

Crafter31211 - SMP4 #9991
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Schedule
    [CLOSED] Decorating (December 3rd – 17th @Midnight)
    Players will have two weeks to decorate a Christmas tree in town and submit it to this thread.
    (Please see details for instructions)

Judging (December 18th-24th@Midnight)
    The community will then have one week (until December 24th) to view the trees, and
    submit their vote for their favorite tree.

Awards (December 25th)
    On December 25th the winners will be announced and prizes sent.

Details

Entry Requirements
    All Christmas trees must be easily visited in town. Please have move on and make it easy to find.
    The trees must remain up until Christmas day when winners are announced. (If your tree isn’t
    up, the next player in line takes the prize)
    All entries must reply to this thread with a screenshot of their Christmas tree and it's location.

How to Enter
    Please use the following format to submit your entry to this thread:
    Location/Directions: SMP, Res#, Clear directions to tree location, if needed.
    [screenshot]

[NOW CLOSED] Deadline to enter is December 17th at midnight EMC time.

Judging
    http://www.strawpoll.me/11905746 Voting is limited to one vote per IP.

Prizes
    First Place receives a Gold Supporter Voucher and a 2015 Dasher Egg
    Second Place receives 20k rupees
    Third Place receives 10k rupees

Thank you to everyone who participates either through decorating or judging!
    I wish you all a wonderful holiday season!
    lottie1664, 607, Equinox_Boss and 7 others like this.
  2. This seems like a cool event! I can't wait to see everyone's builds :D
    Equinox_Boss and CDJS like this.
  3. I was building a tree anyway, but this works too! :p
  4. I'm defiantly entering :p
    Equinox_Boss and CDJS like this.
  5. My friend and I- well, just her, actually, have built a large christmas tree already for an event. Can we use that?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Can you parter up with a friend ? So two people design and build one tree?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Yes, you can use a tree that you've already built.
    (Edit: If your friend built it, you may want to let them enter it; see below)

You can have help building the tree, but the prizes will be given to the player that submits the tree. It will be up to you to give your friends credit in your post, and to split up any prizes.
    607, Equinox_Boss and TBirdXmas16 like this.
  8. Im not sure where to enter, so I will just enter here :p

Lottie1664 and I have a christmas donation residence which will be open a few days before christmas :)
    Visit it with 10313 and 10245

:)
    xSkitzie, 607, Equinox_Boss and 2 others like this.
  9. You've done it correctly, Thanks for entering _Zoway_ ! Very nice tree :)
    _Zoway_ and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. I must just let you know, I upgraded and fixed it. You will have to check out the res to see it ( sorry about that)
    607, Equinox_Boss and CDJS like this.
  11. *Bump*
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. I have my entry ready!
    It is at Smp4 9991

CDJS likes this.
  13. I hadn't seen this thread before, and that while I am very active on these forums, so perhaps it could've been bumped a bit more! :)
    Still: Cool!
  14. It actually was, but she deletes the old bumps so as to not crowd the thread.
    UltiPig, CDJS, 607 and 2 others like this.
  15. Ah, okay! That's a logical explanation! :)
    Not sure how I missed this until now, then, but oh well!
  16. I started to work on this on my res just moments ago. Then I lost the will to continue on it. Realizing I wouldn't have enough time to complete the whole residence in time for the entry deadline.
    So instead I'll just show what could have been.......

Like 607 I didn't see this until today.
    CDJS and 607 like this.
  17. Still a few hours to enter a screenshot! Voting form will be up tomorrow to pick our favorite.
    Thanks to those who enter :)
    607 likes this.
  18. The contest is only for a tree, it doesn't need to be a full res. If your tree is done, update your post with the location and I will enter it in the voting.

Excellent! Make sure to add your screenshot before midnight!
    607 likes this.
  19. No, sorry that was done in single player. There was a whole bigger part to it but you couldn't see in the screenshot. Thanks anyways. Have fun judging the other trees.
    607 and CDJS like this.
  20. Our two entries for the EMC Christmas Tree Showcase:

Winner receives a Gold Supporter Voucher and a 2015 Dasher Egg!

_Zoway_ - SMP5 #10313

Crafter31211 - SMP4 #9991

lottie1664, _Zoway_ and crafter31211 like this.