[Contest] Eclipsys' Building Contest

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Eclipsys, Dec 6, 2013.

1. So this goes until the 28th?
  2. Yes indeed
  3. Tha Bump-a-tump
  4. C'mon folks, 2 diamond supporterships for 1 month on the line here :D
  5. END DATE ALTERED:

End Date: 20th of December
  6. Fill In this form:
    Name: DemonThunder345
    Build: Mossy Wood Cabin
    Inspiration: I was in the jungle and It gave me the idea. (Jungle in MC)
    Blocks used: Wood, Glass, Glowstone, Redstone lamps, flower, flower pot, vines, logs.
    Reflection on why you should be chosen: I think this would be really fun to do with you. It could really help me and Working besides you would be awesome. I am very active, and I don't like taking long ;)

2013-12-14_10.23.06.png 2013-12-14_10.23.12.png 2013-12-14_10.23.22.png 2013-12-14_10.23.30.png
    Runningrhino likes this.
  7. Does the winner 'have' to work for you? :)

I wouldn't mind winning. But I do not want a job with your company. I have a dozen projects of my own to finish.

I'd also suggest you give people more time. :) Like a few weeks. It's holiday season, new 1.7.2 blocks and stuff are out, and people are busy doing other things.
  8. Job offer is optional, same goes for the massive project that I'll be launching somewhere next year.

It's more of a way to get the other skilled architects out into the open :p And the reward is pretty good right :D?

As for the time, i want it to be within December, to utilize the discount for supporterships and maybe give out a 3rd dia supp for the 3rd place :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. I would like to submit my alts res 14643 on smp7. It's a museum with many EMC items.
  10. woops.
    Name:BFTBG
    Build: mman2832 EMC museum (14643 Smp7)
    Inspiration: The Chicago Museum
    Blocks used: Stone, quartz, flowers
    Reflection on why you should be chosen: I am a very good builder and very dedicated to what I do.
  11. I have decided after seeing this thread today (for some reason I may/may not have seen this thread before, if I did I forgot about it) but, I am working on a build in creative :p
  12. 5 days hmmmm...
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. Since I already work for you to I get to help with this massive project?
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  14. Thx, I'll have a look at it when I log on :) Also, thx for participating!

Yessir
    jacob5089 likes this.
  15. Here's my entry.
    I hesitated (and still do) - because I've built it in Creative Mode... The reason for that decision was not to give myself an unfair advantage over the other participants, but mere convenience in order to showcase my basic modus operandi.
    Feel free to disqualify me if I'm in violation of your terms. I won't blame you; let's keep it fair.

eclipsysbuildingcontest.jpg

Name: Floh_Zirkus
    Build: A house/tower/villa or anything else that you can live in. ;-)
    Inspiration: Classical architecture.
    Blocks used: Stone Bricks, Quartz, Bricks, Stone Slabs, Stairs,... I love stairs.
    Reflection on why you should be chosen: Graphic design has been my bread and butter since 2006... so I dare to claim that I'm pretty acquainted with the concepts of space, shape, composition, color, contrast, etc. - which of course apply to the game aswell. Plus, I've been around minecraft since its alpha and the game's possibilities as well as its limitations are very familiar.

Jimbonothing64 and Runningrhino like this.
  16. Name - xHaro_Der
    Build - Nightfall Mansion (SMP4 8723)
    Inspiration - I didn't have much inspiration for this particular build; more of something I freelanced. This is also something that I don't have a SP backup of, I improvised it.
    Blocks used - Mainly spruce wood & stone brick items
    Reflection - Just to be clear, that ugly floor on the first floor right when you walk in was not my doing. When I left the build it was all good in my eyes, however the player I had it built for wanted to swap it the floor so it's in progress of being replaced. Therefore, I ask that you ignore the flooring of the entrance and judge the rest. I also love building, it's one of my favorite things to do in minecraft. I spend a huge amount of time coming up with designs and techniques. I never really had a teacher, kind of taught myself to build.
  17. My build ic coming along well, really hope you like it when you see it Ecl, considering it is like the first not square/rectange I have ever build.
  18. Can we submit multiple builds o.o
    DemonThunder345 likes this.
  19. Name: Uhhh, AmusedStew? :p
    Build: I guess I will call it an ancient observatory?
    Inspiration: Keralis is my main inspiration, as well as this contest.
    Blocks used: Cobble, Mossy cobble, white glass, dark oak planks, etc...
    Reflection on why you should be chosen: This is the first build im truly proud of and hope to get better at building.
    Resource Pack is an HD variant of Default.
  20. Name:Runningrhino
    Build: The Rhino Manor, 3999 smp2.
    Inspiration: Etho's headquarters on mindcrack.
    Blocks used: Cyan stained clay, quartz blocks stairs and slabs, snow, ice and a bit o glowstone
    Reflection on why you should be chosen: I really enjoy building and am a very fast builder, I would love to work for your successful company as my building company hasn't really been seen much. This is a great opportunity and I am thankful for the chance to be selected. 2013-12-18_15.32.22.png 2013-12-18_15.31.44.png 2013-12-18_15.32.38.png 2013-12-18_15.32.46.png 2013-12-18_15.33.15.png 2013-12-18_15.55.10.png
    Palmsugar and Jimbonothing64 like this.