[Contest] Comic Creations - 2018

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by MoreMoople, Dec 3, 2018.

?

Should I host more contests?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2018.
Yussssssssssssss 6 vote(s) 46.2%
Nah. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Woot! Of course! 4 vote(s) 30.8%
plzno 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Does Moople like waffles!? 3 vote(s) 23.1%

1. Heya everyone :)

I have had lots of fun drawing small comics, and now it's your turn! No matter what your artistic skill level is, I encourage you to participate. Give it a try :)

This contest will end on January 6th, 2019 at 11:59pm. Results should be posted within a week from that date.

Guidelines:
    • Theme: Holidays! (Does not have to be a specific holiday. Could be a made up holiday. Be creative!)
    • Keep it fairly short (Should not be multiple pages)
    • Follow all EMC rules - All entries should be appropriate for people of all ages
    • One entry per person (No alts, please)
    • Have fun! :D
    Judging:
    • Entries will be judged by MoreMoople and a couple of other players.
    • There's a wide variety of ways that you can take your comic, and judging will not be based purely off of artistic skill.
    Prizes:
    • 1st Place: Receives 100k rupees, MoreMoople's head, 1st place medal
    • 2nd Place: Receives 50k rupees, 2nd place medal
    • 3rd Place: Receives 25k rupees, 3rd place medal
    Entry Form: https://goo.gl/forms/vy5NZAQ33MchIYFJ2
    I look forward to seeing your entries! Good luck, have fun :) If you have any questions, or need clarification, comment down below or send MoreMoople a PM.
  2. Results are in! I received a last minute entry, so there was a total of four entries. All entries were amazing, and it was a tough decision! Everybody will still be leaving with a prize ;)

Without further ado! *Drumroll*

Congratulations to TheFroon :) This comic was selected for the clean look and easy-to-follow storyline.

Congratulations to gaming_comander! Quite amusing ;)

Congratulations to Smooshed_Potato! Cute characters and nice story :D

Congratulations to PalmSugar! The art is very nice!! :D

A big thank you to everyone that participated :) I loved the diversity in all of the entries! Maybe it would be cool if we got together and made a big EMC comic :D

Prizes will be sent out soon! If you have any donations, please send them directly to the winners.

Next contest: Building contest! Stay tuned :)
    Palmsugar, 607 and Top_Benny like this.
  3. This looks really cool! If i get time I might make my own! :p
    MoreMoople likes this.
  4. End date was extended to December 30th :) OP has been updated.
  5. I think there might be a chance that I will be able to participate, because I found out today during my training session that I get the week that contains Christmas off.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  6. Aww heck yah! Finally I can show off this comic idea i've had. *hint: look at my icon*
    MoreMoople and top_benny like this.
  7. Looks like fun but good luck for art isn't my strong suit XD
    MoreMoople likes this.
  8. Writing is my strong suit, but I also design manga (cheating), using a computer: the program is called Comipo! because I cannot draw. Lol. It's fun, but limited. Good luck everyone!
    SkeleTin007 and MoreMoople like this.
  9. Glad to see such a creative contest idea! I will try to participate with my comic character whom I have made comics of before! Do you recommend any free, good art studios that are easy to use Moople?
    MoreMoople likes this.
  10. If you want to do it digitally, I would recommend using Medibang Paint. It's probably easier to use on a phone or tablet, but it's available for computers too. Even better, it's free :D

After creating your canvas in whatever size you want it to be (it may take a couple tries) you can find the button on the top that is selected in the pic above. From there, you can hit "add comic panel" and then "add". After that, hit "divide" and split it up however you wish :)

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions, whether it be about the app or the contest!
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  11. Thank you so much! I will definitely use this! Also, in a couple weeks I have a 17 hour plane ride, so this can definitely help pass time :D
    MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  12. I should consider joining... but with so little guidelines and restrictions it's often hard to think of something. :p
    MoreMoople likes this.
  13. Bump! The next couple weeks I will be less active due to irl stuff, but I will still do my best to answer any questions on this thread or in PM's :) Looking forward to seeing some comics!
    607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  14. Another bump! :D

Remember: The theme is holidays. It could be Christmas themed, Thanksgiving themed, etc. You could even ask yourself, "If I could make a holiday, what would happen during it?" Does everyone get a day off to stuff themselves with waffles, or something else? ;)
    607 and Smooshed_Potato like this.

15. Get your entries in! :)
    607 likes this.
  16. Moines on the way, hot and ready and coming soon
  17. Thanks for reminding me, my job has tired me out so much that I've forgotten about this. I will surely have something before the deadline. :)
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  18. Bump! No entries yet, but I'm hoping to see more soon! If there's not enough entries by the deadline, I will either close the contest and give awards to anybody that entered, or I will extend the date. :)
    607 likes this.
  19. Mine coming up soon Moops
    Top_Benny and MoreMoople like this.
  20. This looks super cool! Does the comic need to be minecraft related? Also, are you planning on showing the comics once the contest is over? I'd love to check them out :)
    Top_Benny, 607 and MoreMoople like this.