Connection problems over last 12 hours

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by LindenNZ, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Is anyone else having trouble logging on? I've been unable to for a while and I've been getting a variety of error messages.

First it was:
    "io.netty.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception"

I restarted my PC and tried logging in with 1.12 and it said outdated client, so I tried with 1.15.2 and it says kicked whilst connecting to SMP1 because it's closed for maintenance.

I didn't see any notification that the update process had been started but perhaps it has and I just need to be patient? :D
    607 and khixan like this.
  2. Update is in progress so the server is closed :)
    607, luckycordel and khixan like this.
  3. Ah OK, I figured it was that, but didn't see any notification so thought it might be me. Very exciting!!!! :D
    607, khixan and KatydidBuild like this.
  4. I dislike that the only notification is on Discord under Announcements: Update will begin "in roughly one hour". A new comment on the website is warranted, that the update is underway. (Assuming that there is staff that can make those website announcements. Because not everyone is a coder and working on the update.)
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  5. There was a post that it was happening. Unfortunately not everyone will see every message.
    607, MoreMoople and The_Boulder like this.
  6. There was a comment made by Krysyy on here on the 1.15 wasteland reset thread..

7. I literally just found it. Had to go looking for it, though
    I meant on the Front page of the website
    TomvanWijnen and AncientTower like this.
  8. Front page of the website would be helpful, that's where I was expecting to see the notification.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  9. Says right at the top:

'
    1.15 update is in progress deploying to the servers. Join us on Discord while waiting. Please see
    for more details.
    '

Literally seen on every page of the forums.
    607 and KatydidBuild like this.
  10. Has that been there the whole time?
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  11. Close to or just after starting. Most of time it's the same message so easy to ignore it. If you ever hear about something important like this, good chance that will be updated with current info.
    607 and KatydidBuild like this.
  12. Some us of require large letters as we are easily able to ignore the same things over and over or are otherwise BLIND to all but the SHINIEST of 'Chaotic' Messages (direct poke of love at Elfin's Chaos - is the hair on fire a Hades reference, I wonder?) :cool:
    Point taken about looking to the little scrolly messages and actually reading them for time to time. :+1: :+1:
    If noone has yet viewed this thread, Mods may feel free to delete my comments to preserve any dignity that I may have left :p Otherwise :eek: who typed this on my computer? Must have been sleepwalking :rolleyes:
  13. Yeah... that has been there so long without anything useful my brain doesn't even process that it's there anymore. :D I also think a front page post was warranted. Not everyone wants to use discord. We're on a Minecraft server, not a discord server. :)
    607 likes this.
  14. Can't please everyone unfortunately.
  15. What a great reason for connection problems. :D
    ThaKloned likes this.