Concordia {Established]

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by 72Volt, Jun 8, 2014.

1. I have decided a new procedure for appointing a Guildmaster!

Firstly, anyone interested in a Guildmaster position may nominate themselves.

Out of these nominations, those with the highest points will be prioritised; other special considerations may be made about other work done if necessary.

A shortlist will then be decided, and an announcement will be made on the thread stating the shortlist.

Votes and delegations will then be requested. Everyone will be asked to vote for a candidate on the shortlist, or delegate their vote to someone else to vote for them if they are unsure.

A time and date for an official vote to be held will be decided. Up until that time, I will accept votes and delegates from those unable to attend via pm. Once voting is done in the NPA, I will count up all votes, and announce a winner.

With that, I'd like to announce I am now accepting nominations for the position of General of the Concordian Army.
    Please pm your nominations in the next couple of days, then I will publish a shortlist!
  2. Bump! Anyone want to put themselves forward for Concordian Army General?

I've been thinking about Concordia. There are a lot of gaps in the city between buildings which are too small to build a house in. Anyone got any ideas about how we can use these gaps?
  3. Random suggestion from an outsider here: Green space. It's a requirement if you want a nice city. :p
  4. Hmm. Like flowers and trees and stuff?
    mba2012 likes this.
  5. Yeah, it always gives places a nice atmosphere (both literally and metaphorically :p)

And that's 6,000 posts for me :D
    72Volt likes this.
  6. Congratulations to AlarmGoesBeep, who has donated a HUGE amount of Enchanted Books to overtake Shrimped's as the leader of the Point Leaderboard! So far, he has 796 points, which is increasing, as I continue to value his Enchanted Books.

Remember, if you want to get points, make sure you:
    • recruit members
    • mine
    • enchant
    • fight Enraged Mobs and Minibosses
    • help out with build projects
    Still looking for nominations for Concordia Army General :)
  7. Congrats to AlarmsGoesBeep for becoming the first person with 1,000 points, and reach Rank 10!

Also, I have added a new section to the Points Leaderboard showing a point total for the whole of Concordia. Since the beginning of the Points system, citizens have collectively earned 3,275 points!
  8. I have constructed a city border at the far east of the Concordian Peninsula! The border marks the limits of the City of Concordia, and will be part of a future site for a wall which will be built around the peninsula to keep out mobs and make the city look nicer.

Any suggestions for the height of the wall?
  9. AlarmGoesBeep is now the Deputy Mayor! I have granted him full privileges as a Guildmaster. He will assist me with valuing stuff for points, and will be able to grant you points for your stuff!

I have delegated him this role as point man to allow me to focus on other stuff, including the upcoming wall project and further development of the Palace.
  10. I've figured out a way to calculate a rough GDP (gross domestic product) for Concordia, effectively showing how to measure our economy.

Since the beginning of the points system, Concordia has produced 397,500 rupees worth of goods and services :D
    mba2012 and Trapper777 like this.
  11. How..? I am incredibly curious how the heck you did this. Calculating GDP is seriously the hardest thing to do I have ever stumbled upon.
  12. I had started working on a map. Fountains, hot dog stands (I don't know), etcetera could work.

Maybe hold a bunch of mini-contests? Like they do for national memorials sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Side note: The GDP of Concordia is about 61 USD (36 GBP) at the current exchange rate.
    I'm sorry, but fixed exchange rates are as good as I can get. PPP theory is useless with imaginary worlds.
  13. It is based on the total points earned by all citizens of Concordia. Take that value and multiply it by 75 and you effectively have a rupee value for how much citizens have contributed to Concordia. Of course, it only takes into account production which benefits the public, and not private transactions like the auctioning of houses, hence why I mentioned it was a 'rough' GDP. ;)

Sounds good. Hot dog stands would be a bit silly :p

I had trialed having oak trees in places to fill the city up a bit, but now I'm thinking birch trees, because they have a more consistent size. Then, we can put some bone meal down to create flowers and bushes. Yay or nay?
    Trapper777 likes this.
  14. Yay, make it look overgrown
  15. Can't tell if sarcasm or praise.

Btw, I will be auctioning the following
    • DC of Stained Clay
    • Stable Voucher
    and selling the following
    • 2 Lava Slime Heads
    • 2 Skeleton Skulls
    • 3 Zombie Heads
    • 3 Creeper Heads
    All of these items have been contributed by citizens to the Concordian Corporation in exchange for points.
    The profits will be equally distributed as a National Dividend to all citizens who have been active in the past week!
  16. Praise I'm not joking. Make it look overgrownish, adds a nice touch
    72Volt likes this.
  17. Will do :)
  18. I'll buy the 2 Magma heads, and 3 creeper heads.
  19. What's your price?
  20. What's your price? :p