Computer Benchmarking thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by aletrisrex, Apr 23, 2022.

1. It will be slightly different than computer specs thread, in this case. you will go to userbenchmark page (click free download on page) and download software, then benchmark and paste your result here
    To start, i will post my first result here
    Note: close all apps and background task for best results
  2. The results for my current laptop. It just reaffirms my knowledge that I need an upgrade.
    W1therRex likes this.
  3. impressive! mine ram is 24gb(16+8gb) and bandwidth is 33,6gb/s

also that's peak only, when i enable high power in settings
    average is 30-32,3gb/s
    Other result u can see here
    xGGirlx likes this.
  4. I've been happy with the ram I have. For a 6 year old laptop, I feel like it's been a great computer for 1080p gaming. But now I feel like it's showing its age. *cough GPU cough*
    607 and W1therRex like this.
  5. yea, and i can see that.
    i've a gtx 1650 laptop, which is same performance at gtx 980m but it quickly shown it's age after 2 yrs of use
    old laptop benchmark
  6. Here you go. :)
    Explanation about why I configured my computer that way can be found in this thread. :)
    In short: It's a desktop that is optimised for my workload, which doesn't really involve playing games other than Minecraft.

I should maybe also include the statistics from my laptop. As for the lower than expected SSD and RAM performance: They are under-clocked for reliability.
    Or, to be more precise, this is the maximum speed the motherboard supports, and parts that are above that level were chosen because they are more reliable, if I can believe what HP has to say about it themselves. I *really* don't care about my ram speeds on this laptop, and M.2 SSD speeds are limited by SATA at the motherboard level, which is kind of sad but alright, though I do think it kind of weird that they put in a part that can support speeds faster than the port, there.
    Either way, my laptop is my "taking notes machine" and I rarely if every do anything on it that requires computational power. I care more about the battery life, construction quality, and general longevity, which seem to be excellent. :)
    607, UltiPig and W1therRex like this.
  7. Ur laptop's cpu also lower than exceptions, this remimd my old laptop, sometimes it perform as excepted
    Also due cooling it perform terrible when gpu on
    My laptop cant widistand more than 1,5 hrs because it's gaming laptop but intel H processor isn't good at saving power as my new laptop with amd H processor
  8. I'm not sure precisely what this means, but I'll try it!
    My faith in the website was decreased by it saying exactly the same thing for Windows 10 and Windows 11. :p (besides the number)
    I'll save this post to my clipboard and then close Chrome, Discord, et cetera.
    I also plugged in the charger, as I think it might make a difference.

Huh. I went away from the laptop because I thought I wouldn't be able to use it anyway, but when I came back I saw all sorts of cool animations. :eek: And then some kind of game? :confused:

Anyway, here are my results. :p
    I'll probably do it for my desktop too, later. Let me know if you want me to try my old Windows 10 laptop that still works. :D

Not sure why it thinks this laptop is poor as a workstation. I can do video editing with Google Chrome open with no issues.
    W1therRex likes this.
  9. W1therRex likes this.
  10. FadedMartian likes this.
  11. this is painful laptop and superior slow. result here
    the i7 7500U is obsolte processor, even in 2018 it can't sastify my demand as well
  12. Another result from my laptop(old ones).
    here
  13. Ah, I forgot to do it on my desktop! Maybe I will do it tomorrow.

I find it interesting that most of our pc's are performing better than expected. I think my desktop might not, as it's over six years old.
  14. Well, I'll need to do it on my desktop next time, I suppose. ;)
    This morning I threw a cup of water and other stuff over my laptop (I feel like I'm not using English idiom correctly there, feedback is welcome), and I am letting it to try. I'm praying it will survive...
    But fortunately I still have an old laptop. I stopped using this laptop because it was too slow to efficiently do homework for university (especially for courses involving coding), not because it stopped working, and fortunately it still works.
    Let's see its score! :D
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/52459559
  15. Maybe next week i will bring hp pavillion to sastify stress
    Also ur score is not bad for 3rd i5. Like i7 7500U
  16. i benchmarked laptop with i3 and here's result
    nothing to say.....
    even minecraft it run painfully....
  17. Result

Says something might be misconfigured with my RAM...hm.

edit: Was an easy fix. I'd bought 3200MHz certified RAM but it was running at default 2400MHz. Who knew I was missing all those MHzs.
    New benchmark
    607 likes this.
  18. yea... i think.
    sometime pc act werid about ram... like when my first laptop have new ram and it said xmp isnt enabled.....
    JesusPower2 likes this.