Comparisons of Cameras

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by WayneKramer, May 6, 2014.

1. We sort of started this discussion in battmegh's thread but I didn't want to derail that any further so I figured we could have this post to discuss cameras.

So battmeghs has the Nikon D3200 which has the following specs:
    24MP
    23x15 sensor
    6400 ISO
    $499

The next model up is the newer Nikon D3300 with all the same specs but it maxes out at 12,800 ISO, which is nice but you'd have to need that to make it worth the extra $100 you'll be paying.

In comparison, the closest Canon to that is the EOS Rebel T5 and it's specs are:
    18MP
    23x15 sensor
    6400 ISO
    $499

The T3i is $550 and the specs look identical to the T5. I'm sure there must be some difference but it's probably with some non-photo related features.

I'm still looking over other entry level camera models. MP, Sensor size, and ISO are the most important specs in my opinion but I know some photographers like other features like battery life, storage options, etc.

Anyway, this is just meant to open up some conversation about this topic.
  2. oh actually I left out a really important piece which is the lens. you have the stock lenses that come with those bodies and then you can compare the vast array of lenses each manufacturer makes. i'll go into this in a later post.