Community mines

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Nuttyknight42, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Hi Nuttyknight42 here.

Ever since i join azoundia mines i been want to try something similar in the waste athough with resets i would closed the mines a week in adnvace to give me time to collect the raills and the basic supplies. I wonder if anyone would join me in this?

Alright everybody this idea got some feedback, mostly good. This mine is a community which means all the general emc rules apply. no griefing or stealing.

Mines Rules You may use the minecarts, but please leave them at the mines. If you have your own use it and retrieve it. Please keep the mines tunnels light up, level and lava free. Please use your own supply
    I recommend you use a enderchest and shulker to store your stuff, what you mine is yours.

I set up the first community mine at smp2 waste going north. There a bed and enderchest, also there a way to the surface for the general collecting of resources. As well as a minecart track going into the mines. Since this is the first mine the way we build it will evolved. This idea may expand to the other smp in time for now it's the one smp.
    khixan, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Hello is anyone here?
  3. That's not a bad idea for those of us that don't like to mine alone or tend to get lost mining.
    607 likes this.
  4. It might be a event the locations won't change untill the next reset. I would like to set up a temporary minecart line to get to and from the end of the mines. Which can be collect back up a week before reset happens. To be reused?
    607 likes this.
  5. Sounds good. If you have a rail line it would make getting back up to the surface a lot easier.
    607 likes this.
  6. Question is how many people would be interested? And how to spread the word?
  7. You need to copy the link to this thread then every 6 hours go to every smp and ask if anyone would be interested in a community mine and to please check out your thread.
    Nuttyknight42 likes this.
  8. I am interested. :)
    Nuttyknight42 likes this.
  9. That good, that four.
  10. Hello to anyone looking into minnig with other players?
  11. This sounds like an awesome idea which can definitely help the community. I like your thinking a lot!

So here's the thing: I'm a huge rail hoarder; I spent hours in abandoned mineshafts trying to dig up the very last pieces of rail and if I'm not mistaken then I have at least 1 DC of rails in my bulk storage. Stuff which I wouldn't be using any time soon so if I'm right (I'm 80% sure) then I'll donate some stacks to help you get started. Might even be enough to skip one "retrieval session" and still have enough left for the next build.

I'll drop you a PM tomorrow either way (if I found some or not).
    Nuttyknight42 and 607 like this.
  12. Sounds good. :) I wouldn't make use of it, though, as even when I still played Minecraft, on EMC I never mined for resources, I just mined for fun. But I think there are probably some people on EMC who do mine for resources.
  13. Me too
  14. Say thank you to ShelLuser donated tracks.
    Foxy_Kitty and 607 like this.
  15. i'm definitly interested but i'm not very active at the moment but definitly very interested
  16. Mine as much or as little as you can.
  17. I'm not sure if could use the junks stuff to sell at my shop? Please give your feed back?