Community Discussion: Reset of Wilderness / Nether / End?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Please read the entire topic before voting

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
Yes - Reset the non Town worlds WITH a weeks notice and special features during that time 399 vote(s) 89.5%
No - I want them all to stay the way they are now, do not reset 47 vote(s) 10.5%
  1. justin whats the news on start of smp 7
  2. Does what mean what i have locked chest in wilderness and end will gone too?
  3. Please read the entire post before asking questions everyone.

4. Thr reset would be nice so the ender dragon can be deafeted again.
    BigDavie likes this.
  5. Equinox, no dragon as shown in Justin's post
  6. Sorry.
    BigDavie likes this.
  7. Asking for like isnt allowed
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Ok
    BigDavie likes this.
  9. With 22 pages of posts i'm just gonna ask the questions instead of searching so if someone has already brought this forward my bad.
    The community has spoken and the wilderness will be reset that much is clear, but what about next time?
    Do we have any idea when the next big update will be and will this require another reset?
    I really want to join a wilderness town but i don't want to rebuild what i'm going to lose plus extra if i'm going to lose it all again.
    Can and will any measures be put into place that will prevent another loss?
  10. Haha your dog looks mad at you
  11. Same here
  12. Are you close to an outpost? Try the live map :)
  13. I am doing everything possible to avoid a reset in the future. I made huge pre-generated areas and backed them up so we can repair things even if the world generator changes. I implemented a true periodic reset area plugin (finally). And finally we can always add outposts that are further away. So if it is up to me I will never want to reset again. HOWEVER I am a consumer of MC just like you guys, who knows that Mojang will try in the future!
  14. Well said Justin, well said.
  15. We are not gypsies...
    If we could see the future, we would be doing things to improve our own lives, not building an amazing Minecraft community...
    However, Justin, Jeremy and the staff are doing the best we can without these magical powers to build and maintain one of the greatest Minecraft communities in existence. :)
    Justin is trying to ensure minimal heartache when implementing updates produced by Mojang but alas we are all at the mercy of Jeb and his team....
  16. So locks will also be reset? IF so i need to remove them before my stuff gets lost and i can get atleast 500r back
  17. soooo when does the free vault access etc. etc. start
  18. Wrong. Wait for the 1 week countdown reset and you will get 1000R per lock.
    Don't be impatient, it will benefit you in the long run if you read everything and ensure you comprehend it before you act.
    Hindsight is 20/20 but you can avoid using it by overcoming Piss-Poor-Planning....
  19. I personally would appreciate just a rough idea of when this may happen, (next week, two weeks, month, etc) if only because I'm out the country on a ski-holiday as of the 17th and knowing my luck, it'll happen whilst I'm gone. :D

However, nothing in life is as easy as that, and I fully understand that. :)

Also, someone said something a while back which caught my eye.

You'd be hard put to find a server that doesn't do full resets from time to time with big updates. It's often a lot easier to take the hurt and reset than make old maps compatible with new maps or features that require a restart.
  20. Sounds like i don't need to worry at all, thanks for all the effort and time you put into keeping EMC at the top

Me not knowing something and asking is not an excuse for you to be condescending towards me, a simple answer will suffice ;)