Community Defender Event

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by deathconn, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Community Defender Event

I've had this even planned out for some time but I haven't been as active as I would like to be. But due to curtain circumstances I have more of an opportunity to join my fellow Minecrafters again!

As some of you may know, the Community Appreciation Award was awarded to the player who best served the community. The winner was decided via vote from all players who contributed. This event lasted from late 2013 to early 2015 until the event was abruptly discontinued. In 2014 I was one of the 4 players awarded with this great achievement.

Now that I am not so active, I wish to pass my community defender to a single player, voted by the community, in honor of their contributions to the community. This item has deep value to me because EMC was a place where I called home and was filled with so many good friends. It was my happy place. Now that I'm not as active as I have been in the past, I would love to pass the torch to an individual who encourages and helps the community without hesitation.

To be a little more clear and concise, the winner of this honor would be the recipient of my 2014 Community Defender.

While this isn't the official post for the event, I would still like to notify the community that this event is making a return, but held by a community member rather than staff. This server has made me grown and appreciate those around me and I hope it does the same for you. This thread is to prepare you all for what is to come so more of ya'll can be involved in the community!

Be kind, be patient, and stay diligent! :)
  2. What a great idea! Kind of like passing on the olympic torch! I hope whomever is chosen as the 2021/2014 community defender can uphold the title!
    OriginalScuf and deathconn like this.
  3. Huh, interesting!
    I hope that goes well.
  4. Really glad to see you doing this! If there is anyway in which I can help please let me know! Thank you so much for bringing this back!
    607 and deathconn like this.
  5. My vote is probably Unoski or somebody else really cool...
    Egeau likes this.
  6. I haven't decided if I wanted to incorporate runner up rewards quite yet. All information for the event will be given on the official post (No release date as of yet).

I'll give a broad summary of how it will work on this thread once all details have been made :)
    Tuqueque, 607 and Windylava like this.
  7. bump
    Tuqueque and talukegord like this.
  8. Bump
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. Very nice idea! Best of luck with the event.
    Tuqueque, 607 and deathconn like this.
  10. woot woot
    Tuqueque, deathconn and UltiPig like this.
  11. Bump
    Tuqueque likes this.
  12. Bump
    Tuqueque likes this.
  13. The event is set to begin next week. Full thread will be created then :)
  14. I'm also very inactive due to multiple reasons, but yeah, this sounds like a fun idea. Unfortunately for me I have been too inactive to even come up with a good educated guess for a vote but, oh well ;)

Still, having also won one back in the day I also think it's a big thing to just get rid of one..... I still have one, either in my EC or (more likely) one of my vaults and well, despite being a bit inactive it's most definitely still quite special to me. And I'm not talking economical value obviously (I do wonder how much such a thing would even go for, lol) but the whole event around it... it was pretty special!
    Tuqueque, deathconn and 607 like this.
  15. The whole thing was very special to me because growing up I rarely got recognized for anything. But I always have the book that came with the Community Defender as well as a reminder to continue to do good in the community.

I've held onto it for more than 6 years and I think it's time for someone else to treasure something like this as I have :)
    ShelLuser, 607, Tuqueque and 4 others like this.
  16. Bump once again so everyone can see what’s upcoming!
  17. This is a great idea and I know I'm not worthy of the title but I know who might be...
    *Edit I'm just saying who I'm gonna vote for I realized this might be mis- understood