[COMMUNITY ADVICE] How to make sure we all can enjoy EMC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Dec 31, 2016.

?

Was this helpful?

Yes 1 vote(s) 50.0%
No 1 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Before you break the rules, please think about it. Is it worth the consequences? Does it feel good being banned? Do banned players get along well with others? As I've seen with plenty of you, surely not any of these.

If you don't know whether or not something is against the rules, don't do it, but don't report people for doing it. If you really want/need to know if something is against the rules and it's not on rules.emc.gs, you can ask staff whether or not it's allowed by PM.

For those of you who are causing drama... Yes, I know we argue sometimes and aren't all perfect. But if you don't have something nice to say, please don't say anything at all. If you don't want to hear what someone else has to say, /ignore them, don't read what they have to say on threads, and leave forum PMs they send you. Lastly (but definitely not least), if you have issues with staff, please PM Krysyy.

What trolls want is your attention. Don't show them any public attention. If you don't click the like button below a troll's posts or tell them you saw something they said, they will usually lose pleasure from trolling.

If you have friends who are involved in drama, make sure they see this. If your friend gets banned, please think twice before you start drama over it or argue with staff on whether they deserved it. It can be disappointing, it even is for me, but it is survivable. They almost always did something wrong. Our blue and green globe will keep spinning. A single person being banned won't wipe out the human race.

Bottom line... Please keep the drama down and be careful about what you talk about. If you are going to talk about controversial topics, do your best to remain civil. Things like teen romance, etc are best to keep off EMC, because topics like that often tend to turn into drama. If someone is misbehaving on their thread they're making, don't reply, and if it gets too bad, make sure staff know. We do not want drama. That may be what is driving away so many players, new and old. It almost drove me away.

Please think twice about it before replying, you do not have to reply at all. Please take this as a friendly reminder and not as a hassle.

Thanks for your time to read this.
  2. Well said. I think part of the issue is people overreact. I've seen it happen many times where a player makes a comment trying to have a civil debate or tries to express their opinion and someone quotes them saying they are starting drama. Something I ask is if you think someone is trying to start drama, use the report button. Calling them out is only going to lead to more problems.
    Equinox_Boss, ShelLuser and We3_MPO like this.
  3. Thanks for saying this! As my parents always say: everything in moderation. You can discuss and debate but when it gets out of hand, that's when you stop.
    Rimont and We3_MPO like this.