[closed] Soulbound items as awards for certain rare events.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Astromath1959, Aug 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Since adding the soulbound attribute is a solid no, how about an alternate way of getting soulbound items. My suggestion is to add them as awards for certain rare events (as determined by the event organizer).
  2. Soulbound items and events such as?
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  3. Could be any soulbound item. Events could be ones that ran on the 10th year, 25th year, 50th year anniversary of Empire Minecraft. Could be the birthday of a player, example, 50th birthday or 75th birthday. The event organizer could come up with anything that would be rare enough for a soulbound item to be worth it.

Personally, if someone had a 100th birthday (I'll be 62 as of 8/30), s/he could have his choice of items, or a brand new set of starting items. Again, it would be in the hands of the event/admin.
  4. Well Happy almost your Birthday!!!! But silly idea.. what we need is soulbound stripping potion throwing Salem witches that come out to play in October.. They’ll spawn in swamps and be able to call upon the moon for ghastly foes to join the hunt for lonely lost players.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  5. another reason to be mad that events run in the middle of the night of workdays? hard pass, thanks.
  6. specialty promos should be more available to players, not made less so.

a special event can trigger a promo or even cause a "release event" but the promo should be available to all the time zones
  7. The birthday event for members who have reached their 50th, 75th, or 100th birthday would receive notifications in their inbox, community chat, discord, or other means that they have received a special birthday present.
  8. If an Empire member gets to 100 years old they should get every imaginable gift with full enchants.

#1: To beable to have hand eye coordination and be able to use a computer would be something to see, well worth receiving a gift, or two.

#2: Unfortuantely, the majority, possibly 99.9%, of their gaming life is behind them. Let them live in complete bliss on Empire for the remaining years.
  9. It's important to understand the concept behind limiting soulbound in order to discuss when it should or should not be released on an item, for a special occasion or not. The soulbound attribute makes an item unable to be lost during survival gameplay due to death of the player. You take away the risk concept of gameplay.

That being said, we already have a milestone system where soulbound is used on armor, tools, etc and that is our Voters Items. Birthdays can be faked and we don't collect personal info like birthday/ages of our players that we could even 'prove' someone was actually 50, 75, etc. These items are also balanced so that soulbound doesn't make them ridiculous, but they still remove the need of the player to make new tools, etc as would be required in survival. Everyone can earn them, regardless of time zone too.
  10. I didn't realize that soulbound/final items were already in the game until I started finding old promos of them. Consider my request withdrawn (except for a player reaching 100 years old, s/he should get something spectacular like a soulbound item without the final attribute [s/he probably would live long enough to make it worth while]).
  11. closing thread per request of op
    AncientTower likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.