(Closed) Roleplay Night - DanPlan

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kaddrii, Jan 28, 2019.

?

Would you go to this event?

Yes, it sounds like a lot of fun! 1 vote(s) 25.0%
No, I'm not into RPG 1 vote(s) 25.0%
This sounds geeky... but I might give it a try if you put enough effort into it! 1 vote(s) 25.0%
Yes, I might even help you create the story! 1 vote(s) 25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey :D
    (RPG = Roleplay game)

So I watch a youtuber named DanPlan. For those of you who don't know them, read the green paragraph. If you do, skip to the blue text :)

DanPlan is the name of a youtube account owned by a guy named Dan. Him and two other of his friends, Hosuh and Stephen, make animated videos, all titled at the beginning with "By the way," etc. In a way, Dan is the Gamemaster, who holds the book. Hosuh (the quiet and smart one) and Stephen (the energetic and weird one) are asked a series of questions based on the topic that Dan picked for the video. Each decision they make will decide the next action. Most of their videos include another small youtuber to join Hosuh and Stephen on their journeys.
    If you go to DanPlan's profile and click the about all that will be there is:
    Description
    Once upon a time, we thought "We should make some fun and stupid videos! "
    So we did.
    - Dan and Plan B
    And that is true.

It's all like a modified version of D&D

So I got an idea while watching their "By the way, Can You Survive RPG game? | Part 5 - Christmas Adventure Podcast", (It's like an hour long) I was thinking it would be fun to do something like this with my friends!
    But I don't have many friends... (lol)

So I resorted to PLAN B!
    (echo echo)

I decided that it would be fun to do with my many friends on the Empire!
    But there are so many questions and so many ways this could go wrong!

So I am asking you, the Empire, if I should host a night that YOU could be in your very own RPG?
    I made a google form thingy that you can kindly fill out anonymously to help me provide you all with the best experience! (if this were to become a thing)

Please fill out the form below:

2. If you want to be a part of this project PM me or post about it below, and we'll put you down.

Current jobs to be filled (if this becomes a thing)

- Permanent -
    1 Gamemaster
    2 Writers
    2 Editors

- Other -
    1 Character designer
    1 Artist (to draw the characters)

Current workers:
    Mochoa_Frap: Host (All of the above)
    Gaming_Commander: Editor + Character designer
    The_Y0sh: Editor

Job requirements:
    Gamemaster:
    Note: If the form suggests only one gamemaster, then no one can take this role and the host will be the only gamemaster.
    - must be able to type/Ctrl+c the story properly so the players may be able to read
    - must be able to use some way to show the difference when other people are talking
    - If there are more than one talking characters, you should find different ways to show the differences when they're talking if required. i.e. Quotes, apostrophes, fonts, etc.
    - must know the story before each session - you can't show up not knowing what your talking about
    - must be completely available each session
    - must be able to change the whole story if the session takes a turn - be creative in your own story, but try to make sense

Writers:
    - (obviously) must be able to write a full story before each deadline
    - must figure out a place to write each story - i.e. Gmail, google docs, etc.
    - must figure out a way to send each story to the editors, host, and the Gamemaster of that session - i.e. Gmail, google docs, etc.

Editors:
    - (obviously) must be able to edit a full story before each deadline
    - must be able to edit each story without mistakes
    - must figure out a way to receive each story from writers - I.e. Gmail, google docs, etc.

-

Character designer:
    - must be able to follow the guideline created for characters (will be added in a spoiler once created)
    - must be creative with each character's traits
    - must be able to create one special power/spell/item per character

Artist:
    - must be able to design each character based on its role, trait, etc. as best as can
    - must be able to use an online software so characters can be displayed in best quality as possible
  3. Can you give a better discription of the jobs?
  4. Ofc! I'll update the job post now
  5. I'd like to be the Artist or Character Designer, since I've had experience in both fields
    Mochoa_Frap likes this.
  6. I could be an editor or a character designer, maybe a writer if we're desperate?
    Mochoa_Frap likes this.
  7. I'll put you down on both! Thanks :)

I'll put you down on editor (Gaming is the second character designer), if were desperate I'll contact you about writer :)
  8. Noice, btw I almost never check my personal email (I check my school email very often) so pm me or post something here to tell me my orders.
    Mochoa_Frap likes this.
  9. Jobs won't need to be started for a while. I hope to write the first one soon, but I will need some more time to figure this whole thing out :)
    And, if this doesn't get good reviews, you won't have any work to do! :p
  10. I've come up with a better version of this while lying awake at night, it will be posted soon enough! :D
    I requested to close the thread but please continue to fill out the form if you have came just now :p

So far with six responses we have:
    Once a month each session will be hosted.
    5 Players will work together to pass each session.
    20 Different characters will be created to choose from, with differentiating classes.
    The Host will always be Gamemaster.
    Every story will take place in the same location/town.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.