[CLOSED] Auction Bidder Rules

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Astromath1959, Jan 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One of the rules states that you should not make "joke bids." Could someone please define what a joke bid is? Ths.
  2. If the auction was for netherrack and opening bid was 100r and I said 1 million dollars !! I hit enter some time passed and I said just kidding I only meant 10,000r. That is not allowed.

There's a big diff between spelling out Million and having a typo of 10000000 vs 10000. I have seen some bids be invalid by mistakes of typo's But joke bids are considered ridiculous. They could refer to the 1st statement I said or be a bid of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ..... You get the point, an unreal bid.

The wording is there to encourage people to take the auctions seriously and bid accordingly. If your opening bid is 20,000 anyone can bid any number they wish, matching the opening number and up. They could bid 20,020 or 200,200. In some cases even an opening bid can be at 1r and the very 1st bid being 1 million is valid and ok. You can't go back and say your bid was just a joke though.
    607 likes this.
  3. Ah. I see. I had my own version of "joke bid." I must've misinterpreted the bidding rules. My impression was if the bid increase was, let's say, 100r, that meant anything other than the whole number was a joke bid. IOW, 1100 is ok, but 1101 is not.
    607 and Merek_Shadower like this.
  4. If your bid increase is 100 and the current bid is at 1,000 a bid of 1,100, 1,101, 1,102, 1,103, etc and on up is valid.

You can bid anything a player wishes above the bid increase. But you MUST meet the bid increase the host puts in place.
  5. Ah yeah, that's no problem! :)
    I think a big reason for the rule is so that people can't say "It was a joke" when they regret a bid that they did make in earnest. After all, we do regularly see unexpectedly high bids.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.