Church of the Open Door

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Lone_Wolf_Gamer, Jun 19, 2015.

?

Should we have debates/talks about what we all believe over the summer?

Yes, we should. 1 vote(s) 12.5%
No, we shouldn't 4 vote(s) 50.0%
Doesn't really matter to me. 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone!

I want to first apologize for not being as connected and involved with the church as I could be. I have been very busy, I have moved to a new house, and I have some other real life problems going on right now, I am very sorry. Also I apologize for when I type things, I am kinda slow and I have dyslexia so excuse my spelling and grammar. Anyways....

My name is OreoTheChristian and I have a church on smp2 at /v 4742 and at 8:00pm (EMC) is when we have our church service..... But this time I was thinking that we should have some debates/talks over the summer since everyone is so busy with stuff, and nobody would miss anything to important. This would just over the summer, we may have a few in the Fall/Winter/Spring time. The only thing I worry about is if anybody's feelings get hurt, so just be respectful of other people's opinions.

Here is how that is going to work, I will pick a topic to debate/talk about, and we will debate/talk about it. We could also be split up into teams like Christians and Catholic or something. Now I know that everyone here doesn't believe in the same things, and this is why I want to do this. I want to do this so that I can learn as a pastor what some people believe, this will help me grow as a pastor and understand things that may even confuse me. I like to hear everyone's opinions, no matter if you aren't Christian. It doesn't matter to me because everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to believe.

I may or may not do this depending on what everyone thinks, and what the staff thinks on this subject. I have created a poll and you can vote yes or no if we should have debates/talks. If we do have the debates/talks everyone MUST be respectful to other people's beliefs.

Anyways, thank you to all have supported the church, we really do appreciate it!

Thanks,
    -OreoTheChristian

[Edit] I think I may take this Sunday off to rest and chill a bit, I will let you guys know.
  2. I will take this Sunday off. No church service, sorry very tired and busy.
  3. Hello Everyone!

Sorry for not responding as soon as I could, lfe is so crazy right now.

Anyways I have decided that I will do the debates, even though people said I shouldn't do them. I checked with staff, they said it was fine, as long as everyone isn't rude to each other. And something in me says that I should, and there is no changing that, unless people are being really rude. Those who want to come and debate can come, but there is a disclaimer! No rudeness about anybody's belief/religion WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. So keep the rudeness to yourself. :) Also I don't know if I will do the church this Sunday, because, again life is just so crazy, and I am so sore from moving stuff. I need to take some more time off to let my body rest. So I will let you know on how I am doing, in the mean time I will be taking pray request and praying for people, so if you have any let me know and I will pray for the request. Send them to me on this thread or put them on a book & quill and drop it in the donations at the church. Hope to see you all soon!

Thanks,
    -OreoTheChristian
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.