[Chrome Help] EMC Forums Not Working

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by FDNY21, Apr 14, 2016.

?

Have any Windows 10 users also experienced this problem?

Yes 11 vote(s) 37.9%
No 18 vote(s) 62.1%
  1. Im not sure if anyone else has this issue but the online status signature is showing people offline when they are actually online. Anyone know a way to fix this?
  2. there is now a 5 min cache on it. if it still doesnt update post 5 mins, bug jack.
    BenMA likes this.
  3. Either your not speaking english or i dont understand! :oops:
  4. I'll try to explain it, but I suck at explaining. Here it goes anyways :p:

Cache = a thing that remembers what happened previously, so it doesn't have to refresh the actual checking thing. This cache of 5 minutes means that it only checks once every 5 minutes, putting less strain on everything (e.g. server, internet). But, if it then does not update after (post = Latin :D) 5 minutes, we should notify Jack(Biggins) about it, as he actually made the signature thingys. :)

Hopefully I made it more clear for you. :)
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  5. If I doesn't show that you are online within 5 minutes of logging in, talk to JackBiggin for help (he's the guy who made it)
    Edit: ninja'd by tomvan. He explained better
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  6. Thanks guys :) Been on for like 5-8 hours still saying im offline! Time to bug JackBiggin!
  7. I fixed the video issue. Give the hamster a wheel to fix signatures.
  8. Uhh i changed my name and i can't sign in with the new name only my old one an my rupee/ token bal is only 0 now.....
  9. The same thing happens to me. I tried using Google Chrome and IE.
  10. Is that in reference to the conversation issue? I haven't experienced that myself yet, but I know that the video issue is fixed.
  11. Yeah was reported register is broken which will also impact name changes. We will manually process them soon.
  12. Yeah, my bad. It is about the conversation issue, not about the video.
  13. thanks
  14. yall should just stop using chrome
  15. Thanks for this really useful bit of help, it's really helped me to identify the problem. I think the problem is that you are offering no constructive advice on how to help any of the players that are genuinely looking for help and are reporting problems in this thread. :rolleyes:
    Vardalaka likes this.
  16. using a different product would solve the problem, chrome and safari suck
  17. Not necessarily, as some of these problems are forum-wide. By your logic, you're saying that if there's a slight problem, we should move to something else? In that case, if we've all had forum issues, you're saying you would look for another forum? Not every product is perfect, but I've used Chrome for years and it's great. I made this thread so that we could fix the problems that we've had on the site.
  18. Not sure if it is a problem on my end but I can't see the latest updates on the side bar... just an empty space
  19. Its not there xD