Choose my Armor Colors!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by willies952002, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Hello Everyone!
    After a bit of thinking and being a bit indecisive about what color I should have my Voter's Armor,
    I've decided to turn to the community to see what everyone thinks I should color them.

I'm planning on changing my armor color every month, and each piece can be a different color.
    Go crazy and find a way to make me regret this idea :p

Feel free to combine multiple dyes to create a non-standard color,
    but please include the steps to create the color and what dyes are needed.

Keep in mind, only the following dyes are available:
    White
    Orange
    Magenta
    Light Blue
    Yellow
    Lime
    Pink
    Gray
    Light Gray
    Cyan
    Purple
    Blue
    Brown
    Green
    Red
    Black

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll also be posting images of the armor colors for each month,
    so come back each month to see what colors I'm wearing. :D

ShelLuser likes this.
  2. I turned mine purple because that is smp8's national color

So why not start with it =P
  3. A small correction: there are actually more colors available than just the 16 standard colors. If you apply a dye onto a clean leather armor piece it'll obviously get that specific color. But if you then apply a new color using another dye it won't merely replace this, but actually mix with it.

For example: dye a piece white (FFFFFF) and then re-apply black. Now the color will be light gray-ish (8C8C8C). But if you had directly applied Gray or Light-Gray you'd have gotten 4C4C4C or 999999 respectfully.

(edit): It's because of this behavior why it's so useful to clean leather using a cauldron: this will wash away all the colors, so that you can start fresh again.
    willies952002 and TuqDufRhySmp8 like this.
  4. Thank you, I actually didn't think this was possible on EMC :p
    TuqDufRhySmp8 likes this.
  5. don't wear armor
  6. Normal diamond armor so you don't die in the end this time
  7. Don't know how helpful this will be... The problem I ran into with the voters stuff and picking colors is that they are enchanted, so the colors don't come out true. Anyways, you can check out this mixer to find the colors you want, then scroll to the bottom to see the crafting guides.

http://minecraft.tools/en/armor.php