Changing Supporter Chat | Thoughts!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jul 21, 2014.

?

Replace Supporter Chat Channel with Global Town Chat?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2014.
Yes 100 vote(s) 71.4%
No 32 vote(s) 22.9%
Not a supporter/ever going to be 8 vote(s) 5.7%
  1. I think what he's trying to say is that the town chat is a lot, and comes onto you fast. He's probably finding it hard to concentrate on his task while he is doing something dangerous.
  2. sometimes the chat actually stops you seeing what's on the screen. I can ignore the conversateion but not 1/4 of the screen covered by scrolling writing.
    607 likes this.
  3. In multiplayer settings you can adjust the length/width of chat to avoid this.
  4. I'm sorry but am I the only person who does not know what "/CH S" means or what sort of channel this is? Could you explain what sort of channel it is? Also I do believe it would be good to allow people to talk to others in town when you are in the wild!
  5. it's a channel for supporters and staff that can be used no matter where you are on the server (Global Chat), that only Supporters and Staff can see.
  6. Regular players are definitely affected by this. Because when the supporter chat would be removed, it would mean that many supporters that talked in supporter chat before are now talking in town chat, bringing the regular player more people to talk too. The only reason that I hardly get on the empire any more is that when I say "Hi" I'm just ignored. When I would get on and would see conversation between a couple supporters in which I could join, that would really make me happy.
    Anyway, I'm sorry for missing the point, but I'm sure - some - regular players really care about this matter.
  7. Well, the good news is Town chat is now live for supporters, so hopefully it will now increase Town activity from supporters :)
    607 likes this.