Cents

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by datheOne, Jun 2, 2018.

?

should cents be added

Poll closed Jun 12, 2018.
yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
no 14 vote(s) 100.0%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
maybe 0 vote(s) 0.0%
unsure 0 vote(s) 0.0%
i don't care 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. as the title says cents and why should emc add cents you may ask well, food isn't a good sale for example lets say I got a lot of sugarcane I could sell 3 stacks for 0.25 or something like that
    and a good start would be 0.05R because pennies aren't useful
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. This is an old suggested and denied concept. Just increase your quantity to make the ratio be what you want. For example, to sell 3 stacks for 0.25, you could sell 12 stacks for 1r.
  3. didn't know but why it was denied it would help the economy so much
  4. No. Rupees hold such little value that 1r is small enough.
    I looked up sugar cane on the EMC Marketplace and 3 stacks of sugar cane is being sold for 3r. If you want to be extra cheap, you could make it 2r, or 6 stacks for 5r. But split rupees are unnecessary.
    MeadMaker and ItsMeWolffpack like this.
  5. the sugarcane was a example but i can see that rupees hold little value but why i think is necessary it lower prices slighly
    a common trick in real world is to price things 99 but which mys it would be 95 but i can't do that so i hope that my prices are good enough, so is from a "marking" thing rather than saving extra rupees
  6. We should add millicents so I can sell my sugarcane one at a time at market price!!!! that way it helps the economy TREMENDOUSLY.
  7. I'm going to vote -1 on this (sorry) because I think this could only cause way too much unneeded confusion.

For example, the obvious one: 12,49586783243

So, first: are we going to use a , or a . ? And what are you going to do with fun numbers such as the one above?

Also: if we can have a decimal separator, why can't we get one for thousands to make bigger numbers more easily read?

1,024.47 for example, right? (I hope I got this right, in the Netherlands we use those in the opposite way).

And speaking off the Netherlands... What would happen if a non-US member would try to pay: 1.024? Here I am trying to pay 1024 rupees but I decided to use a separator for easier reading. I'd probably pay 1.02 rupees and nothing more. I could well imagine that if someone expects 1k and gets 1r that they won't be too happy about that :)

So yeah, I don't think the pros would weigh up against the cons.

Even so: don't let this discourage you from making more suggestions!
    Slvr and 607 like this.
  8. well a , for any greater than or equal to 10,000 and ifs a flat number then no need but if i wanted to price something with a cents then use .
    it may create confusion but wouldn't look better from marking lets say i had a sale on a item
    a new way of doing it by having out place number for example x was 30 r but then the sale is 66.1% off the 30r then the price would be 10.17 and people would notice
  9. If something's worth so little for cents to matter it makes more sense to just sell it in bulk. Either that or give it away for free because it's not worth the time to sell it
    Otherwise rounding to the nearest rupee makes sense because it makes so little of a difference that the seller/buyer won't notice
    607 likes this.
  10. -1 on this.

Its just not economical. Who sells or want to sell an item for half a rupee.
  11. If something is sold in cents it must be easy to get and easily sold in bulk
  12. -1 I agree that this would not help.