Celebrating 300k Members - Weekend Long "Loot Party"

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Yes it ended sunday midnight EMC time

Well, monday midnight >.>
    607 likes this.
  2. too bad then. concidering i just got my computer back hhaha
  3. You're missing 12 of them. There are 43 total.
  4. Aikar caught us off guard, Dragon Tombs confirmed!
  5. rofl
  6. The diamond gift came in 32, so the fact you had 64, thats where your missing chest was.
    607, ShelLuser and PenguinDJ like this.

7. Nice catch
  8. So, Aikar crashed the economy.

Dragon Stones are now going for like 13k max.

It was his plan all along!

Still, thanks for the event everyone. Tons of fun was had.

9. Well now its over I can spill a few beans. It was random.

Every chest had 16 items inside it, wrapped inside of the Bonus Chest. a Bonus Chest was static about what item it contained, but you received a random chest on right clicking one of the chests in the event.

We filled 1 Rare/Promo type item into every chest, one of them being 32 dragon stones.
    Then we filled 2-3 enchanting books per chest.

Then the rest was filled up to 16 slots of more common items.

So you had a 1/16 chance of getting the rare item from the chest, and 3/16~ on an enchanting book, then rest common.

Now, those super hard to find chest (That lava one was evil :p), of course those rare items would be a lot less rewarded since most people got the easier chests.

However, no one actually knew what item they were putting into each chest.

Supporter Vouchers had a limited scope nature to them but was replenished multiple times over the weekend with each update.

Though next time we do one of these, we will improve it even more to ensure harder to find chests contain the better loot, but every chest will always have a chance at something good.

607, ShelLuser, neffykitty and 7 others like this.
  10. When this is over Aikar (assuming it isn't already), is there any chance we can get a list of what items were up for grabs in this event? I'm curious to see what all is floating out there.
    ShelLuser and Gawadrolt like this.
  11. It's was only for the weekend.
  12. Shame, I missed it. I'm beginning to feel the woes of College.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. Well, missing the event isn't that bad. You'll just have to get the diamonds and stuff by mining in the caves.
  14. Feeling the woes of college isn't an excuse! >also feeling the woes of college<
    but yeah, there were no new items added inside the event, nothing specifically 300k-member oriented, so if you spend a few rupees or a bit of time to harvest materials, you've ultimately missed nothing xD
    >Event was still fun though!<
    >I like scavenger hunts<
    >Looking forward to when the hard-to-find chests contain more rare items<
  15. Pssst... Here's some advice. When mining in the caves, watch out for the skeletons, enderman, creepers, and zombies.
    Bring a torch. Don't mine at night...
  16. This was a great event. I love how clever the hiding spots were, and I also appreciate that chests were left in plain sight for our younger players.
    Please consider these changes carefully in regards to fairness to our younger players. I would prefer that there be no element of skill and that there be no advantage for groups over individuals.

I would have loved an incentive to find more chests. Maybe give a cosmetic prize for chests after the 15th or something of that nature? This would encourage more exploration and further appreciation of the amazing build effort that went into this.
    607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  17. I was gone all weekend and missed the loot party? :(
  18. Eeyup. *Nods head*
  19. Interesting system used for the randomness. :) I thought this was a fantastic idea and kind of enjoyed the change from drop parties! :D I look forward to seeing how/if this is developed more in the future. :)
  20. I found (i think) ALL of the chests and opened the "harder" to find chests only... The best thing I got was a stack of diamonds XD BTW im not complaining at all, I love diamonds and e books(ask Man1c_M1ner and Baradara)

edit: I may have grabbed one or two of the "easier" chests and didn't find the lava chest until after I got them all, but for the MOST part I got the harder chests lol