Cats

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Releias, Sep 8, 2017.

1. oki
    so
    I've been trying to breed my cats
    and I have no clue what it is that you're supposed to use
    I've tried using raw fish and cooked fish- neither of them work
  2. Raw fish works to make them grow and to breed them but they have to be tamed and grown before you can breed.
    607, ComicalCanine and mjnoe70 like this.
  3. Yes, they both need tamed first and then raw fish will do it. Make sure you tame them before they grow if you are in town. Otherwise they will vanish when they turn to adults if not tamed.
    607 and ComicalCanine like this.
  4. I know but it still doesn't seem to work for me even when they are grown o~o
  5. they are all tamed
    I had 3 of them
    the third one seemed to vanish right after it grew up though and that kinda disturbed me a little o~o
    it still hasn't reappeared
    but the fish doesn't seemed to work still ;~;
  6. Wow, I use normal "raw fish" with mine all the time to get new ones. I may have to stop over and check this out... I wonder if it could be a res flag. do /res info and look for anything like -breed, can you breed other stuff?
  7. yeah
    I've been able to breed my sheep, mooshrooms and rabbits
    still haven't found the 3rd cat though ;~;
    not cool minecraft not cool ;~;
  8. Search your residence, it's a known glitch. When a tamed animal on your res. grows up then it sometimes teleports to you. I don't know why, only that it does. And to make matters worse it will also do this when it is sitting down.

So, for example: I have a room dedicated to cats, dogs and rabbits. I breed two dogs and get a new one. I sit it down and leave it there. Yet the very moment the pup grows up and I'm on the res. it'll teleport to me while it remains to sit down. So then it'll sit at its new location. At one time I found a dog inside my storage this way (literally inside a column of chests in my storage, it took a lot of effort to get it out again).

As to taming cats: be sure not to spook them. So don't corner them but let them walk up to you and then feed 'm all the fish you need to get them to change color and become cats (basically change from ocelot into a cat).

/entc can be a useful command to check the amount of animals on your res.
  9. still haven't foound the one cat-
    but have managed to breed the 2 I still had FINALLY
    607 and ShelLuser like this.