CarFryer's Computer Programming Competition Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CarFryer, Jul 7, 2018.

1. You might have read my status post mentioning the fact that I am taking part in a computer programming competition that lasts until August 10. I created this thread to share some of my work that I am creating for the competition.

---

The first event is creating a drawing of an inanimate object and making it look as realistic as possible. I looked through the other contestants' entries and saw a lot of cool programs that were drawings of phones, glass bottles, etc. I decided to do something a little different and draw a picture of the Triangulum Galaxy (image below)

The deadline for this event is on July 10, 2018. This is what I have so far (as of approximately 3:30 am on July 7, 2018):

I have a lot of work to do hehe :p
  2. A lot is right...
    CarFryer likes this.

3. Here is what my program looks like as of 7:30 am on July 8...
  4. awesome this is super cool and i wish i could do this but my parents hate the idea of me working on computers for a living so guess not but still cool as heck
    CarFryer likes this.
  5. Looks neat, Car! Good luck :)
    I'm looking forward to seeing all that you come up with :D
  6. Here is what my program looks like as of 10:54 pm on July 8! :D

ChespinLover77 and MoreMoople like this.
  7. Wow! Looks amazing
    CarFryer and MoreMoople like this.
  8. I wish you the best! I hope you rock it!! :)
    belac555, 607, Sefl51 and 2 others like this.
  9. Woah, that is quite a hard subject to choose! You've come far, though, I think you might get close. :)
    MoreMoople and CarFryer like this.

10. The finished entry! :D Now it's time for me to prepare for the next event, which is animation...
    ChespinLover77, MoreMoople and 607 like this.

11. Here is a gif of my progress on this entry! The final image is the reference photo I used for comparison :D
  12. That's very nice! I feel like that if you could have somehow blurred everything inside the ellipse a bit, it would have looked a bit closer. But I'm not sure how you could have done that; to be honest, I'm not sure how you did any of this, I am very impressed! :)
  13. I hope you rock this carfryer i know you can
  14. The topic for the animation event was revealed yesterday: create a loading screen using only arcs and lines, and no other shapes. This should be interesting...
    MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  15. Ooh, that's a cool assignment! Pff... What's an 'arc'? :p
    Personally, my favourite thing about such loading screens is the awesome music, so if I have time and feel like it I might want to compose something to go along with your creation. :D
  16. An arc is a part of the circumference of an ellipse or a circle.
    MoreMoople, Kryarias and 607 like this.
  17. Looks good
    MoreMoople, SkeleTin007 and CarFryer like this.

18. Here is my animation so far!
  19. Ooh, that's actually really cool. And very different than what I originally pictured. :p How did you do the text, if you can only use lines and circles?
    CarFryer and MoreMoople like this.
  20. I used lines and arcs to draw each letter of the text separately.
    607 likes this.