Care to share your (nether) rail?

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ShelLuser, Apr 7, 2018.

?

Nether rails!

Poll closed May 7, 2018.
Love them 3 vote(s) 100.0%
Hate them 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I'm just going to wait for Empires :) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hi gang!

One of the main things which somewhat defines an established outpost for me is the way you get there. And you'd be surprised, this really heavily varies. I know of an outpost which fully relies on an overworld bridge for example. I also know of outposts which rely on a (long) horse ride.

But to me... the main thing which usually connects an outpost with the rest of the world is a nether rail. After all: traveling 1 block in the nether will add up to 8 blocks in the overworld. Making this the most optimal way to get somewhere.

I really enjoy nether rails myself and so I suppose it's a bit ironic if you consider that it took me one whole year after I managed to establish my outpost before I started thinking about a nether rail to make it easier to go back and forth between town.

So what that looks like? Well, this:

It's basically 1 strip of rails and a path padded with slabs next to it. The idea is to have some way of travel besides the railway. Of course the only problem is that if you want to use a horse you'll need a 2 block wide path. But maybe that's something for later.

But yeah, as you can see my nether rail is pretty sparse.

Care to share yours?
  2. Nether rails are a life saver! :)
    Here are mine, still in process of renovation:
    ShelLuser, TrumanIII and TomvanWijnen like this.