Cant upload images

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by StgbtL, Aug 5, 2017.

1. I cant upload images, when ever i do try, i need to sign in to imgur, but when i do it does not work, is there another way to upload screenshots?
  2. 607 likes this.
  3. You could get gyazo
  4. AFAIK = As far as I know. ;)
  5. It does work as that's what I do lol.
  6. You don't really have to sign in. The difference between an anonymous upload or a "logged one" is that the latter will be kept in Imgur for a longer period of time whereas the first will be automatically removed after a few weeks/months. But still: go to the Imgur website, click the green button in the upper left corner (New post) and then either click 'Browse' to search for the image you want to upload, or drag & drop. The 'Browse' option is best used on older browsers, the drag and drop should work in most modern browsers.

But if this doesn't work then I can also highly recommend Puush. See https://puush.me. TomvanWijnen brought this to my attention and this gizmo is extremely easy to use, especially if you install the ShareX utility. ShareX is a small utility on your toolbar which allows you to do just about everything...

To give you a bit of an impression:

Uploading an image has never been so easy... After I pressed print screen to make that screenshot I right clicked the icon, selected upload => from clipboard, and then the image gets uploaded, I hear a sound and the image URL is put in my clipboard. So all I did up there was type [img] and then control-v to paste the url. Done.

From screenshots to screen captures to uploading small text snippets to sites such as Pastebin (ShareX supports more than merely puush.me).

Maybe food for thought?
    AlexC__ likes this.
  7. I think this changed February 2015. Now, all pictures are kept unless a user manually removes them. :)
    Still, I prefer being logged in, as then it's easier to delete images manually if I'd ever want to, in case I feel bad for using so much of imgur's storage. :p
    ShelLuser and AlexC__ like this.