Can't Donate

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Syrio_, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. been here a month now and love this server

would really like to donate but the paypal link is broke for me...this is the fail message i get:

"Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again."

i have had a paypal account in good standing for years; have contacted them and they say problem is at your end...they say i can send any amount to any address but would rather go thru the website

as far as i can tell there is no other option but paypal for donating...there should be a link that allows direct credit card use
  2. You're making quite a mess here ;) No worries: no harm done, but I still figured I should point it out. The problem is that it makes your post harder to read and follow, and that can result in people not understanding it or worse: ignoring it. Like I said: no harm done, but keep it in mind for the future.

Editing your post: Look at the bottom of your post. It has 4 links. First, on the lower left corner, you have 3 options: Edit, Delete and Report. Edit is used to... Well, you get the idea, delete should be obvious too. And then there's "report". You use this option if you need the help of our staff with a post. For example: if you see someone who breaks the rules then you can report their post so that a staff member can look at it and optionally step in (remember: our staff sees a lot, but they cannot see every post made by every member; the Empire is too big for that!).

Then on the right side you have the "reply" link. You use that to, well, reply to a message.

I suggest you use this knowledge to clean up your thread a little bit.

Now, as to donating...

Is this page you see on the Empire? Because if it is then chances are high that your action succeeded even though the page says it doesn't. I've been there myself, and staff is aware of it. Be sure to check paypal!

But just in case it isn't:

My suggestion is to open a Paypal account. So actually register with Paypal. Then you can put money onto that account, and you can do this in a variety of ways. From using a credit card right down to (optionally) available local means of payment (for example: in Holland we also have iDeal & bank transfers which we can use).

Then, if you have enough money on your paypal account, you should be able to use those credits to make the actual payment to the Empire. While checking out your purchase you need to log on and then can pay. The transaction should then also be clearly visible in your paypal account.

Hope this helps!
    iamcavie likes this.
  3. PayPal allows for making a payment from a credit card directly (I believe you do not 'need' a PayPal account to do this). If you are still having issues, however, you will need to contact PayPal to determine the issues related to your payment not succeeding.
    nuclearbobomb and Galantisizer like this.
  4. yes paypal does, but the credit card option on your donation page redirects you to sign up for paypal...silly - you guys should really fix this - probably losing a lot of donations
  5. No-one else is having this issue.

We use the standard PayPal buttons, so I'm unaware of anything we could even do to help.

But a quick google, it appears you may have a cookie issue in your browser.
    Try logging out of paypal, and then clearing your entire browser cache and cookies.

Then log back into EMC and proceed with the process. That should hopefully resolve the issue.

Also as said, paying by credit card already works with PayPal without using a PayPal account, so there is no benefit to us to add yet another Payment gateway to deal with. Best to keep things as simple as possible.

Plus other payment gateways would cost more in fees.
    ShelLuser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.