Can we get an option to not see "has disconnected/has connected"? :)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Redfutz, Oct 26, 2016.

1. I know there is an option to change the location of these messages, but I really dont like extra stuff on my screen.

can we add a 3rd option to the player settings to where we can mute the notification when players connect/disconnect? that would be super awesome! <3
  2. Supporter Perk perhaps?
  3. Perhaps something that resets the settings after 7 days of changing so players dont forget lol...
  4. I swear this used to be a thing, you could choose if you wanted to see them or not. It may still be a thing hidden at the bottom of the commands list, but I know I had it turned off for a while.
    UltiPig likes this.
  5. Pretty sure this is in your /ps settings already.

Edit: Just checked. I thought it was, can't find it though. Thought it was something like hide chat messages or something.
  6. /chat status

-_- noobs

jk, pleasure to help!
  7. The best way to fix this is: /ps, click on '[Chat]', then set "Status Message Location". You can chose between 'chat' (it clutters your chat) or 'action' after which it'll be briefly displayed in the action bar (right above your hotbar).

So it won't be fully invisible, but you'll hardly notice it (this is also why I sometimes notice people joining and sometimes don't).
  8. Not sure if it is in the ps. (You guys are saying it is not).
    But I know that we have a command /chat status off. Or something like that. Definitely could be improved. But it is functional
  9. That setting used to be off by default. :)
  10. Maybe in the first 5 months of EMC.... but not since the start of 2012...

It would be silly to be default off.
  11. Hmm... I remember asking people how to turn on the setting within the first few months of joining EMC. I was standing on a residence with a big man-made spruce tree on it. Someone replied with /chat status on.
  12. it was on when i joined... I remember as there was only up to smp7 and it was so busy on smp6 and smp7 as they were new :p