Can I make an event?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by PseudoDistant, Mar 3, 2017.

1. I have some good ideas for some events for the server, but 1 idk if I'm allowed to create my own events and 2 I'm not ready to create the events just yet. So am I allowed to make my own events and if I am will they be in the Events schedule for mcempire or will I have to announce them myself? (If I'm not allowed to ask 2 questions in the same thread I'm sorry I'm new to this stuff.)
    AKing707, Equinox_Boss and JDHallows like this.
  2. Hey there! I am happy to hear you want to start hosting events on the server, we always love it when players want to host their own events.

For an in-depth guide on creating and hosting your own event, Krysyy (our community manager) has written one at:
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/read-before-posting-creating-and-running-player-events.55214/

As for your questions: Players are always allowed to host events in-game, as long as they comply to the normal server rules. If you would like to have them added to our calendar, head to the calendar here:
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/event-hub/

Right above the calendar is a button that says "Submit Your Event to the Empire." If you click that button and fill out the form, one of us Empire Events Organizers will add your event to the calendar.

If you have any more questions, do not be afraid to ask!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Welcome to EMC!
    Yes. You can make a new event whenever you'd like. You can create a thread to announce it, as well as submitting it here. Then, on the day of the event a thread will be put on the home page of all the events going on that day. Also, yes you can ask multiple questions in a thread. Hopefully this helped :D
    Equinox_Boss and JDHallows like this.
  4. Thank you and I have an idea for an archery contest involving TNT, water, obsidian, and bows with the flame enchantment
    With prizes
    O.O :D
    AKing707, JDHallows and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. sign me up buttercup
  6. 1 it still has to be set up, 2( prizes are 1st place god bow!(yes free) (it'll have a random god enchantment but you'll know the enchantment as it'll be told to all participants, 2nd place bow with level 10- enchantment , no prizes for 3rd place) 3 when it is done it'll have 5 rounds each with increasing difficulty!
    AKing707 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  7. I learned how to alter quotes!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Also I'm hunter not buttercup lol
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. my b :eek:
    momstrio likes this.
  10. So where do I post event info?
    (Is it on the empire event super thread (thread?) Because I think that that's for nonplayer events but I could be wrong.)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Follow what JD said. He did a stellar job explaining.
    momstrio likes this.
  12. Quotes inside quotes
    So annoying and irritating
    Quotes inside quotes
    But it doesn't count as spamming!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Oh sorry I forgot about that lol thank you
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. That sounds like a fun event! I look forward to seeing it completed ;)

Just a quick thing though: When posting on thread, each post is considered what we call a "bump" on the forums. What happens, is each post causes a thread to be "bumped" up in the "Recently Active Threads" section on the front page of the forums. In order to prevent spamming and too many bumps of a thread, I would recommend trying to use one post rather than multiples to say something. For example, these:
    These 3 post could have been put into 1 post. Also, you can use the "Edit" button to make changes to a previous post. So if you post something and want to add to it, just edit it in to reduce the post spam.

Also, try to keep posts on-topic for the thread, it keeps them cleaner and easier for people to understand and read. If you want to practice with typing on the forums, I would recommend starting a forum pm with an alt if you have one, or you can start one with me and just let me know it is for testing. That way, nobody else can see your test posts and it keeps your threads on topic.

Good luck to you, and again, don't be afraid to ask for any help! :D