Can anybody identify this town/outpost?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CheckDFX, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can anybody please identify who owns this town/outpost on SMP1 in the Wilderness Frontier?
    (Picture removed cause coords were showing) -Staff
    Is it an established outpost or not? If so, is the owner still active? The coordinates are in the screenshot. This image was taken from the dynamic map on SMP1 not far east of the Eastern Frontier Wilderness Outpost.

If anybody knows who lives here, please have them reply to this post.

Thanks!
  2. Now come on staff.... I know you guys mean well (honest), but just removing stuff without explaining why you did that only sends out a confusing or maybe even misleading message. Especially for new(er) players. I know: you could have PM'd the OP, that's something I'm obviously not aware off.

But what about all those (newer) random readers out here?

Hi Check,

So yeah, the problem here is that sharing coordinates of an (established) outpost is frowned upon unless you have specific permission from the founders to do so. Considering that you don't know who the owner(s) are its obvious that you also don't have this permission.

The problem is basically that even though we have block protection and anti-grief it's still possible that some areas of such a build could be prone to griefers. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes it can. Note: even stealing items from chests would be considered griefing in my book.

And that's why staff chose to remove those coordinates: just to ensure the safety of that outpost / build.

Of course, as a result I now also have no clue what you're talking about :D

But let's try something here....

I don't have much to go on here, but is this what you were referring to:

This is a town-like build and I found it east from what I believe to be a public-like outpost (and further east from the official Eastern EMC outpost). This time without coordinates ;)

Can't say if this is established or not. Considering the (rough) distance from the EMC outpost and the size of the outpost itself I suppose it could be, but... You could try asking staff if they know.

And maybe someone recognizes this, try asking the player in the picture perhaps?
    CheckDFX, Tuqueque and Roslyn like this.
  3. Hi ShelLuser,

In the Jinsue Empire, we are quite open with people coming over. Given the size of the area we live in, and the amount of our activity on SMP1 at night, its not very hard to spot us anyway. I did not know that providing coordinates was a bad thing. Thanks for the explanation. I understand now why that is the case.

That picture you posted is of Saturnia's capitol city. We know the Saturnians pretty well, and have no concerns nor wonder regarding them.

I only wonder who these other much smaller "island neighbours" of ours are, as they are very close to our shores. I want to know who the owner is, so as to talk with them. My concern is whether they are active or not in the first place, and when was the last time they were on Empire Minecraft. We have not seen anybody there since we immigrated to our current homeland over a year ago.

ShelLuser and Tuqueque like this.
  4. The easiest and probably quickest way to do so is to go to their establishment and go look for autmatically protected blocks (found here: https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/anti-grief/ inside a spoiler). Try to break one, if they were placed post 2015 it will say the player who placed them.

You can blame me for reporting the picture =P
    CheckDFX and ShelLuser like this.
  5. That makes sense. Well considering the distance (estimate on my part) I now doubt it that they'd be officially established. It seems to sit pretty close to you. I'd probably try to PM a staff member if nothing comes out of this.

But who knows, we got some pictures out so maybe someone will recognize this. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Just for the record: not blaming anyone here. I definitely think both you and the staff did the right thing because "safety first"!

And well, us players can help out a bit too ;)
    CheckDFX likes this.
  6. This is my base. I play off and on for a few years. This is where me and my family play and have built a mini 'Hyrule' heh - Is it an issue?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Hi Xenuear,

Well, I don't know if you have seen the map lately, but you have some new neighbours. Namely, us from the Jinsue Empire.
    :D

We are a community from another server that developed there for two years before leaving them. Community-wise, we are fairly established. We immigrated to EMC's SMP1 in October 2016, and have been living on the mainland (not far from your island) since then. We are the ones who uncovered that entire continent south and east of your base. We only noticed your base sometime in the summer of 2017.

Here is a map of the current area we occupy. The purple circles indicated areas zoned for future plans. The red areas are already developed or are under development. The lime-green border indicates where your island base is.

We are building our empire across the main continent, and have an established outpost there. We are looking to claim the entire continent for the Jinsue Empire (minus your island of course). We have already built a highway that stretches across the continent. We have 2 established towns and 2 more in development, a set of resort islands, and plans for further developing the areas indicated by the purple outlines in the map above (as well as other areas south of your base on the mainland). We also have a Nether Expressway that extends west of the western coast to the center of the continent where Jinsue City is being developed. This Nether Expressway will eventually extend all the way to the eastern coast. Over-world cargo railways, a very large warehousing center, other infrastructure, and a great deal of housing has already been planned and/or is already underway.

I'm reaching out to you because I have noticed that you are not on that often, and seem to not expand past your island's shores. As we have already built a section of highway on the mainland just east of your island base, we would like to continue our progress throughout the entire mainland of the continent without disturbing your island.

Also, since you are our neighbour, we would be interested in having you join us on our Discord server as an International Dignitary, much like the Saturnians to the north have. (We have already established relations with the Saturnians for over a year now.)

I am typically on Empire Minecraft's SMP1 during the evenings (Eastern Standard Time) along with other Jinsuites. If you could join us then and contact me, we could bring you into our Discord server where you could meet the rest of us.

I hope to hear from you soon.
    :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. Hi Xenuear,

When will you return to Empire Minecraft? Do you have plans on returning.

As per my previous post, we would like to speak with you, if you would not mind.

Please reply.

Thanks in advance.
  9. If you know them, why not send a pm?
  10. Good point, Finch. :D
  11. I'm going to close this thread as it has served its purpose any further information that can be obtained from this can be done so via pm.
    CheckDFX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.