Business what?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MissKells, Jun 24, 2012.

?

Do you like this idea?

Yes 46 vote(s) 86.8%
No 2 vote(s) 3.8%
Doesn't Matter to me. 5 vote(s) 9.4%
  1. that's why i took down my shop on smp 9 too many annoying people wanting stuff for free and whenever people wanted free stuff in chat id bring a few stacks of dirt and say here's your free crap
  2. I could mabye make one. I'm on vacation right now though.
  3. Time to make a wilderness base in a server where your shop is not.
    battmeghs likes this.
  4. it is sad that i've actually done this in almost every server. lol
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  5. Stay posted about EMCPro. Doubt I'll be able to do much from my phone :/
  6. A
    Actually me and Terr have been out in the wild for about a month now. You don't see anyone doing anything because all the ones who actually work for their materials are in the wild creating new efficient ways to gather materials instead of spending their daily sign in bonus on shiny crap and begging for cheap offers. Haha sounded a bit harsh but I meant it very passively :p. But that is a very good idea, discover new connections, get other people contributing with what talents they may have, and getting the idle ones to do something for a change. No offense guys, I love fellow players no matter what you choose to do with you time :D. Free hugs!
    Kells18 likes this.
  7. I go on utopia wilderness but i know where your coming from. :p
    Seberling likes this.
  8. Oh the luxury :D
    Kells18 likes this.
  9. am i the only one who remembers the smp1 shop list? when it was just smp1? right out of spawn?
    man i feel old.
    Kells18 and mba2012 like this.
  10. I actually could make a website like you are talking about (and I would not abandon it!) for free. Te url would be annoying to type in so I could just post the link here on this thread and those that will visit it frequently can bookmark it.
  11. No webs.com so the url will be whateverthenameofthewebsiteis.webs.com unless I pay for the domain name which I won't do unless I get donations to pay for it. But honestly just to remove webs, I don't think its worth it. Btw I am cooking something up now.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Is there a web of this already?
  13. Thats what i was going to do to, ill try it out and see what you guys think.
  14. that would be great if you made one! i know i would visit it. :)
  15. I'll share a little bit of my experience with http://texturegen.tk which cost me £0.

Step 1: Read a tutorial/book on HTML (website code) - it really isn't too hard to grasp, just little bit more advanced than the BBcode in this forum :p

Step 2: Read a tutorial/book on PHP (essential for building a forum/complex system like this). PHP is harder than HTML to learn but you should get the hang of it if you just google whenever you get stuck

Step 3: Sign up with http://1freehosting.com/

Step 4: Using your knowledge gained in step 1 & 2, build your site and upload it to your 1freehosting account

Step 5: Go to dot.tk and get your self a .tk domain name for free! :)

Step 6: Debug your site, check links, check code, check security (google for help). And now sit back and watch your epic site become epic!

If you need any help let me know. :)
  16. i use a free hoster and a redirecter
  17. I got it up but it is not much right now. Please provide a little feedback and vital things I should add before I make an official thread announcing it. http://emcbuisnesscatalog.webs.com/ and yes, I know business is spelled wrong in the url.
  18. Nice site template, few issues though:
    - "buisnesses" is spelt Businesses. You might want to change your URL too :p
    - Somehow remove the "make a free website at webs" because it kind of makes the site look unprofessional.
    - There are a couple of other typos and spelling mistakes across the site so I suggest taking the text into word and spell checking it there.

Other than those minor issues I like where it's going. I also suggest that you check out dot.tk and get your self a free domain. Even if it's just a simple redirect to the webs.com site you can turn url masking on and it will hide the current url all together. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Thanks I knew there would be some misspellings as I was in a hurry to get it out before people forgot about the thread, as for the website at webs thing, I'm, I'm not sure if I can remove that, but I'll try :). Thanks also for the .tk thing I'll try that out.