[Build Concept] The Ziggurat

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BrickStrike, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Hi everyone :)
    Back in the day, I had an unfinished ziggurat on my utopia res that was absolutely a fun build of mine. It was very simple and big and created a really cool area for me have storage and farms set up inside.

I've decided to recreate this old project of mine on smp1. Today, during my math course as my professor droned on about hyperbolic geometry and scaling factors, I made this concept art.

After coming home and logging on, I looked and tested out a few designs until I found one I liked. Then I figured out how many steps my ziggurat would have at every 6 blocks.
    Then I took a look back at the concept art I made and added measurements and a few more details for the build.

The end result is that there'll be at least 5 steps, each 6 blocks high. As you can see, I'm unsure of how tall the top portion of the ziggurat will be, but I estimate it will be somewhere around 36-42 blocks high upon completion.

If you guys have any suggestions about how I can make this project better, it'd be awesome! :p
  2. Are you on the Discord? If so ping me when you want dude, glad to have you back.
    FadedMartian and BrickStrike like this.
  3. I dont even know what Discord really is tbh >.>
    I'll hit you up if I do get on it tho.

I'm glad to be back :)
  4. If you do ever decide to get discord, this wiki page will help you get set up on the Empire Minecraft discord server :) https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/discord/

Your ziggurat looks cool, and I look forward to seeing it on smp1! If I may ask, what materials are you planning on making it with?

If you need any help getting supplies, let me know! I might have some extra stuff laying around :D
    607, BrickStrike and FadedMartian like this.
  5. Oh, I mainly plan on using Stone Brick for the build. The green layers are just grass blocks on top of each layer. I eventually want to convert all four plots to jungle biome because that's my favorite color for grass haha.

For the stairs part, I'm planning on using a combo of stone slabs and stone brick stairs.

Thanks for the offer! If I need anything, I'll be sure to let you know :)
    607 likes this.
  6. Ah, cool!
    I didn't know the word, but I do recognise the type of building.
    I'm looking forward to seeing progress! :)
    MoreMoople and BrickStrike like this.