[BUG] Reset Character Not Persistent

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by 607, Feb 23, 2018.

?

Have you ever used formatting in Minecraft books?

Yes. 4 vote(s) 66.7%
No. 2 vote(s) 33.3%

1. I'll also pm the developers, as is preferred. :) But I felt like posting about it publicly as well, as I haven't been able to find anything anywhere about this bug.
    UltiPig, luckycordel and Tuqueque like this.
  2. This occurs for bold, but not for italics. I haven't tested all possibilities.
    This does not occur in Vanilla Single Player.
  3. How do you make it a different colour as well as bold? I thought it was only plain text in books.
    luckycordel likes this.
  4. Books are finicky creatures. Proceed with caution for they may decide to eat you.

Also, yeah the formatting in books goes haywire on occasion. Some of my pretty colored books in the past became half uncolored one time.
  5. I use books almost everytime on EMC, and I'll note that this has never happened to me, but I've never used bold. If you switch it back to regular text before you close it, does that get around the bug?

I use this everytime I write in a book and quill, and copy the special symbol over. If you're having trouble pasting it, try doing it full screen.
    https://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/how-to-get-coloured-text-in-your-book-and-quill/
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  6. I hace not had any issue til this week. Seemed to be a per page issue. Set text to bold... but then back to normal. When the book was closed the normal text converted to bold. Several attempts had the same result.
    HazardousCode, luckycordel and 607 like this.
  7. Thanks for the confirmation!
    HazardousCode and luckycordel like this.
  8. I also had a slight issue with my books, one of which being when I pasted in the section symbol, it looked fine, but then after signing the book off, when I went back to looking at the contents, one of the pages actually didn't have the formatting, but literally had the section symbol and the "a" after it.
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  9. I hope this can be fixed soon, as I 'need' it for the book for the 3 winners of my Member of the Month giveaway... I haven't got a reply from one of the devs yet, though.
    luckycordel likes this.
  10. That's because there is a focus on other things at the moment ;) Regarding timeline, I'd advise you to perhaps not use bold for a bit. I can't guarantee this will be fixed very soon.

I'll help do preliminary testing to replicate the issue for them though.
    luckycordel, 607 and Tuqueque like this.
  11. Aw. :(
    Well, thanks!
    I put a lot more effort into writing this book than into the previous 3, so I had hoped to make it look nicer as well...
    Oh well.
    I might mention it as a Post Scriptum! ;)
  12. It turns out this does also happen for the other formatting options (not colours, though, those work differently).
  13. Perhaps someone can look into this as well? ;) I just tested to make sure, and this is still an issue (at least to those who want to use bold and italics).
  14. 1.14 involves an update to books... maybe this can be fixed then? :D I'm not counting on it, though... :/
  15. I was of course dismayed when I found out that 1.14 actually completely removed formatting on books. Although it did lead to me seeking and finding some other ways to spice up books! However, in 1.16, formatting got added again. And this bug seems to be fixed now!
    Can anyone else confirm? :)
    UltiPig likes this.