[BUG] Multiple turkey health bars

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Astromath1959, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Not sure if or what thread this was reported on, but I'm getting multiple health bars for one turkey, sometimes as many as 5. It takes up a lot of screen space (extremely annoying). I know this is true because I killed a turkey that had 3 health bars showing and all 3 recorded the damage I did to the turkey.
    We3_MPO and 607 like this.
  2. I had the same thing happen. One turkey, but two health bars that changed synchronously.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. I also saw this. One turkey was deep underground but when I went to the surface there were two health bars. I flew around looking for the second turkey but when I came back to the original point only one health bar showed up. I did find that turkey and kill it.
    We3_MPO, KatydidBuild and TECtock like this.
  4. Yeah, this is a confirmed bug. Haven't dug into the code to figure out why yet, but it is on the list of things to look over for our next update.
  5. The particular issue with the multiple bossbars is fixed. BUT this is just a symptom of a larger issue. I fixed this, but not the big picture issue yet. Essentially the problem is a memory leak of sorts with the task getting added on to the entity repeatedly, instead of cleaning up after itself properly.
    We3_MPO, 607 and Astromath1959 like this.
  6. Good going!
    Kill those false turkeys! Slay those code bugs!!
    We3_MPO, 607 and farmerguyson like this.
  7. Overnight I went out exploring in the Waste and discovered a couple of Turkeys. One spawned onscreen with Gobble, Gobble and the other one may have, but I honestly didn't notice.
    But the health bar was weird, I could stand in one block and get a health bar, but if I moved in any direction it would change to "hear gobbling 2 chunks away". If I moved back into that one block, the bar would show back up. Whole thing was unusual. I wasn't looking to hunt them, but was mining underwater once and the other time I was parrot catching.
    farmerguyson likes this.
  8. There is a similar situation at the NE corner of Mando's big dig area in Waste 3. The area to get the turkey's health bar is very small when on the surface. I went to bedrock in the big dig and tunneled to the turkey's area. The health bar area was still small, it might have been the same size but I didn't mine out a large enough area to figure that out. I gave up looking for the turkey. I came within 1 chunk of it and couldn't find it.

It would be nice if we had a method of showing the rough direction the turkey is in instead of how many chunks away it is.
    NuclearBobomb likes this.
  9. As far as finding the direction to go, usually the health bar shows up and you can start looking around for the nametag. Some blocks are easier to see the ghosty name outline than others.
    But this year, they seem buggy. Waiting on hearing about them being fixed before trying to find one.
  10. I suspect it counts vertical distance when deciding to show the bossbar. If the turkey's deep underground, there might only be a few blocks on the surface where it shows the bar.
    Maybe a compass that points to the nearest boss?
    farmerguyson and KatydidBuild like this.
  11. And how about the eggs that a Turkey lays could be named "Turkey egg" if for no other reason than: Because.

Or make it another drop? They won't spawn a Turkey, just a "thing" like the Feast papers.
    farmerguyson likes this.
  12. The compass could even be a rare drop. That would keep the challenge of hunting the initial turkeys until you get thd drop. It would also have value to boost the economy.
  13. Maybe this dropped egg could be the item that leads you to the next turkey. Similar to the ender pearl used to find the End portal.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  14. These sound like nice suggestions, it would be cool if they didn't get lost in a bug report thread. :D
  15. Making the suggestion thread could be done on the phone here, but the copying and linking back with the ideas is hard on my fingers. Please feel free to beat me to it someone