[BOSS] Cyra the Blaze

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Ryko369, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Been trying to think this boss idea out to the end.
    Goals I'm trying to achieve with this boss:
    Have a dynamic boss you fight at melee and range
    Have an interesting mechanic (even if it is a little gimmicky, such is the way of video game bosses)
    Keep minions at a minimum(my #1 rule of bossfights: if the minions are what makes the boss hard, it's probably not a good boss, there are very few exceptions)
    Have a boss that can be fought solo and in groups

Cyra is a powerful blaze. She can smack you up close with her rods or retreat off to rain fire upon you. She will start off being aggressive and chase you down to do melee damage. She can teleport to you and you to her, if she's having trouble reaching you. Your shield and an axe are your best friends in this phase of the fight.
    Once she reaches 3/4 health, she backs off, and floats up. Now begins a barrage of fire. Better get out your bow because she's gonna summon two of her blaze brethren. While she's blasting you with fire, they begin to heal her. Better not hide or she'll be back at full health before long. Quickly snipe those blazes with your bow, crossbow or trident and then continue to attack Cyra with your ranged weapon. If you're too slow to get her to 1/2 health, she'll summon another pair of blazes to heal her right back up (this needs to be a decently long cooldown, otherwise, we're looking at an infinite fight, also recommend a health cap for every additional pair of blazes summoned during a phase). By the way, these minon blazes will only melee attack, so recommended to keep your distance, cuz they hit hard! If Cyra can't get line of sight with you, she'll fly around to try and get a shot at you.
    Once Cyra is down to 1/2 health, she's back on the offensive. She'll rush you again and try to hit you with her devastating melee attack. Keep your shield up and fight back harder!
    Finally, at 1/4 health remaining, Cyra will again back off to summon more blazes to try to heal, however, occasionally she'll teleport to you and attack aggressively again for a few moments, so stay on your guard!

If you defeat her you'll get a Level <level> Cyra's Treasure Bag™, see this post. This bag will drop blaze rods, sparks (more than you'd usually get from other bosses and enraged mobs), The Fire Rod, Cyra's head, and a rare chance at The Flaming Sword

So real quick, before I go over the items in detail, I want to clarify that there are 4 phases, and the health cap for phase 2 and phase 4 would be separate, so if you're not careful, Cyra could be back up to full health in the final phase!

So, the items:
    Fire Rod: It's the guaranteed drop item at level 5 and up. See again this post. It would throw one of Cyra's powerful fireballs when right clicked. It would be upgradeable (you really need to read that post if you haven't already). It would start with low impact damage and a long cooldown, and progress to having a high impact damage and medium fast cooldown (think ender pearl cooldown or slightly slower).

Flaming Sword: What's there to say? It would be a diamond sword with Sharpness VI, Unbreaking VII, and Fire Aspect III (soulbound and final too obv). Perfect for grilling up enemies and tasty beef.

Final Thoughts:
    I wanted to try and come up with a boss that you'd never trigger low risk detection on. I absolutely abhor low risk detection and want a good fight that shouldn't ever need it. If you try to trap Cyra, she'll simply teleport out, if you try to hide while she's shooting at you, she'll heal up to full. And if you manage to find some cheese, well, honestly you deserve a little treat :p
    (plus if the cheese is too powerful, we can always find ideas to fix it)

On the topic of healing. It needs to be carefully moderated. If she heals too quickly, it will make the fight too difficult as you try to destroy minions and get her health low enough to get to the next phase. Wither heal speed is probably a good starting point.

On the topic of minions, I have a lot to say, which I won't say all here. If you're interested, I can post elsewhere. But, I want Cyra's minions to matter. They shouldn't just be some additional dps for the boss or something that gets in the way of you fighting her. After all, SHE is the boss, not them. So minons should support the boss, not do the fighting for her. Giovanni doesn't run off and leave you to his admins once you reach him, he fights you himself. That's how bossfights should be.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Also, it's hard to determine exactly how difficult this boss would be without actually fighting it, so keep that in mind (that's why playtesting exists after all).
    Oh yeah boss fight music, almost forgot: this
  2. This would be interesting!

Also, back when they had the phantom mob vote in 2017 there was an option for a blaze miniboss called The Wildfire--

That then got voted out, so this would be a good mega blaze replacement :)
  3. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! I wish I had the imagination of Ryko! I wanted to get a Spider boss in... Maybe Ryko could help shape that boss image here Wink. wink.. Lol

All that aside, The admins and devs at EMC said they'd been asking for creativity and some spelled out points in suggesting mobs, promos, Etc. Well here are some very interesting ideas shared by a very lovable, helpful and friendly player, our very own Ryko!

Keep up the great ideas! Even if some these get tweaked a bit but still added in the future it a WIN in my book!
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  4. I totally forgot about that thing, lol. Wonder what mojang would have done with it.

Thanks for the compliments. I wish my 3 braincells could always work together like this. But ah well, I'll take the occasional brainwave too. I'll give a spider boss some thought, but no promises.
  5. I know this idea was kicked around last year, but it is worth discussing again. The seasonal mini-bosses we're supposed to be added to at some point, as well as the bosses. (Read that in a message from Aikar, don't ask where I don't remember)

This sounds like it should be the heat of summer- grilling season - suburn type of mob. Exactly the opposite of 🥶 Blizz Ards.
    wondering about a special Emc sunburn type drop....
    Nickblockmaster and xGGirlx like this.
  6. Another new boss? cool!
    would be stock up tools to dealt new challenges!
    Nickblockmaster likes this.