[BOOK EVENT] Share Your Scares!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Aww... :oops: ...So no red book titles, and a special "Share your scare's 2015 Submission" tag line..? Or mebbe Orange and Black? *Starts writing Casu Marlix*
  2. Um, Question.. Will special formatting be a problem in these books..? I mean like colored text, obsfucation, italics, bold.. etc?
  3. Shouldn't be.
  4. Depends. A normal book & quill doesn't support this nor does a signed book. So its probably best not to rely on formatting (this is my major problem too right now: how to really draw people's attention in without formatting).

So far I'm resorting to using '/' for emphasising. For example when I /really/ need to stress something out.

PS: I'm doing a horrid job so far, I'm much better with fantasy stories than scary stories. All I managed to do so far was to make some people laugh :p not a good start.
  5. Incorrect. Otherwise my signatures would really be magic.
    Use this symbol: § in the book like you would use & on a sign with all the same color codes as shown with /color
    ShelLuser and PenguinDJ like this.
  6. Not to mention the ever wonderful Book of Colors that Max wrote.. :3
  7. Correction: socks made
    autumnrain26 likes this.
  8. Having never seen one I don't really know what you're referring to but.. Aren't you magical anyway which could also explain all that? ;)

Anyway, I looked it up to make sure (I know: I should have done that up front) and what do you know?

I stand corrected: you're right (obviously).

For some reason the copy/paste requirement always convinces me that this isn't possible. Try asking me again in 4 months: I'll make the same mistake.
  9. The copy/paste of the section symbol for the line codes is a little quirky in books.. xD
  10. My first book seems to be a total failure, and needs to be completely rewritten because "certain" aspects.. :oops:
  11. Already submitted mine a while ago!!
  12. I started to get really scared when I was writing mine!!!!!!!
  13. Got one in under the wire :D
    Torian42 and Hashhog like this.
  14. Mhm Krysyy, I hope you like October.....
  15. Ooooh, I'll have to try to snag yours. :p

Anyway, I submitted one as well, for anyone interested. Mine is a terrifying story of, er, terrifying terror. I call it....
    The Latte
    Not even sprinkles can mask the evil within...

EDIT: This title is not a joke, unless I misquoted my own subtitle. :p
  16. Couldn't finish mine in time :/
  17. It is made in the form of a poem, written in verses and with rhyme schemes... Not that easy :(
  18. I was only able to submit one book, what with translating it and trying to make the text from the original manuscript family friendly... My only regret is that I could not translate the second part fast enough to submit it.. :oops: ..But, lets just say, people should be pleased.. :D
    Torian42 likes this.