[BOOK EVENT] Share your Scares 2017

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Books currently available with /promo scare2017

We ran this pretty well in 2015, with one flaw. We now have a system to address the major grievance, so let's do it again!

Participants will write a scary story in a Minecraft book (meaning using a book and quill). Then, you will sign your book and submit it at the designated area. Deadline: Oct 29th. On the 31st of October and using /promo, we will distribute the books all over the Empire to those that want to read them.

How will you get the books?
    When you type /promo scare2017 on October 31st, you'll have the selection of a chest full of books to claim. The chest will auto-open, so there will be no left-over promo behind, just the amazing stories to read. Each bundle chest can hold up to a single chest of books, but we will create as many as necessary so that everyone gets every book to read!

How do you participate in sharing?
    Write a scary story in a book (or 20) and submit it to the chest at /v 3002 on smp2. If this gets full, please let Krysyy or SS know. There is room for everyone.

All books will be screened for language, etc so don't try any funny business please. Keep in mind that players of all ages may see these books, so keep them scary, but not gory. Also, try to refrain from posting things that you find on the internet. We'd like for these to be writings from our players, not random internet postings.

Let's share some scares!

Remember these are NOT promo items and are only being made available with the promo system to ease distribution.
  2. Very exciting! Can't wait to try writing something :rolleyes:
    Just noticed.....FIRST!!!!!
  3. Oh great writing my worst enemy ....
  4. THE EVENTS/CONTESTS ARE BACK!!! YASSSS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  5. This is going to be interesting. Very... Interesting. :eek:
  6. Is there a guideline to the maximum size you would like them to be, or should we just fit it in the book?
    AncientTower and MoreMoople like this.
  7. I'd advise fitting into 1 book, but you could make pt1, pt2, etc
    MoreMoople likes this.
  8. I can’t wait to read them!

Edit: I was very concerned at the title of thread but the op cleared it up :p
  9. YEAEYAEYAEYAYE Happy Halloween anyone! This year I really want to get scared!:cool:;):D:p
  10. I have the perfect one this year ! 🙃
  11. Sounds amazing, I love reading books.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  12. I participated last time might consider doing another at some point ;)
  13. Ooh... I vaguely know what I am going to write ;)
  14. I just figured out How can u make this picture/gif under your message?
  15. Yes! Even after starting a thread and trying to contact all the authors I never managed arrange distribution of all of 2015's books (some didn't keep their own copies, some wanted it to be treated like a promo, and some I never got replies from). WHOO! Scary Story Time! Maybe I will dig up my old musing of the void book and clean it up for this ;)
    AncientTower likes this.
  16. empireminecraft.com/account/signature. You can also get there by clicking the link under the options presented to you when hovering over your name at the top of the page.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  17. oh boy...is everyone going to be expecting me to enter in this considering my track record?
  18. Happy to see this return!
    I will definitely write a spooky story of some sorts~
    *mutters under breath about no gore*
  19. Well see, writing scary stories and young kids just don't fit together in my head...
    Every scary story i write is too scary for kids. Even the mediocre-ly weird ones are too scary =P
    NathanRP, AncientTower and Snappes like this.
  20. It's gotta fit on 50 pages. That's all.