Blizz Ard returns! And more - 12/17/17

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Blizz Ard Returns
    Blizz has returned to the Empire to keep things chill.

Blizz Ard is a special event mob like the Super Turkey, which will randomly spawn in the Wastelands and Frontier.

He has some special drops, which will let you spawn snowmen in town, as well as his famed Avalauncher.

You can buy the Avalauncher with /tbuy avalauncher for 10,000 tokens.

This is an infinite snowball!

Holiday Chests Re-Appear
    Blizz Ard's magic also brought a few other surprises to the Empire from previous years. You might find one of his Holiday Chests hanging around the wild with lots of goodies to spare. If you are close enough, some of the residual magic might even give you a hint of where to find it...

New Player Setting for Friends coming back from away

A new Player Setting has been added to disable receiving notifications about friends coming back from away.

But before you go turning it off, note that the notification was updated and will no longer send you the notification unless the friend was gone for longer than 15 minutes, so the spam will be reduced.
  2. woohoo! more stuff!
    Slvr likes this.
  3. Woo, time to get them noses\o/
    Slvr likes this.
  4. AVALAUNCHERRR
  5. Thanks Aikar / Devs! <3
    Sgt_Pepper4, Tr1l0byt3 and Slvr like this.
  6. Wb Blizz
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  7. I got it. So fun to use.
  8. Nice picture
    10/10
  9. Glad to see Blizz Ards are back! Always love seeing them, even if they’re not particularly happy to see me/players :p And once again, thanks Aikar and the devs for all the work you do!
  10. You're using the sane picture as previous year... Man, it's a shame :p

Glad he's back, maybe I will even try to kill one... with my famed fighting skills...
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. If I don't see exactly this mob (as shown) in the Wild, I'm suing for emotional damages from the disappointment.
  12. Lovely. Time to be absolutely decimated by yet another snowman.
    Sazukemono likes this.
  13. Uh oh... More snow clearing :confused: (gotta love blizz ards though)
    ShelLuser and TuckerAmbr like this.
  14. He looks a little different, not quite sure what it is though
    Slvr likes this.
  15. They still don't do anything, right?
  16. nice to see the fellow again.
  17. They spawn snowmen in town which is an exclusive feature I believe.
    TomvanWijnen, MissFable and 607 like this.
  18. I'm going to abuse the system a little bit and go 40K and more out into the wild to increase the spawn rate, as well as having barely any people on.

I wonder what is in store or christmas as a promo.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. Thanks for the update, I do appreciate it but even so I have to go "booooh!" on his one (naah!).

So now we get a mob which actually fights back? :eek: Problem is that Aya really enjoys hunting Blizzes and when we do they somehow always try to kill me first :D (I'll bet that's why Aya enjoys me coming along :confused:).

ha, ha, ha... I still remember the very first Blizz I found (uh, oh: Grandpa Shell talking :p). It was on SMP5; I was doing a "survival play" there. So basically: I went into the wastelands with absolutely nothing and tried to make the best of it. Really fun to do sometimes!

So I had just managed to get enough iron to make weapons (shields didn't exist back then!) and armor and all of a sudden this thing showed up. Nearly in the same cave structure I was in. Darn thing nearly killed me but eventually I managed to get it, and my reward? Yah,well... Some snow, broken tools, totally exhausted armor and that's roughly it ;) (I'm sure there had to be more, but this is what I remembered).

Ever since that moment I avoid Blizzes... then comes Aya along who really goes after 'm :p

But.... definitely going to hunt for the treasure chests!

(edit):

Good idea! Aya & me did the same thing on our outpost and as a result there are still some Turkeys running around (Aya wants to keep one as pet).

I just hope she doesn't get the same idea about blizz :D
    607 and Jelle68 like this.
  20. I still have not cleaned up all the snow from last year at my outpost...