Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Haerhitman, Mar 9, 2017.

1. For those of you who don't know what it is there's a video below. They have their 1 year anniversary event going on atm so there's lots to do and tons of rewards to jump start your character(s).

Black Desert Online Launch Trailer

I just bought the game after using a couple free passes so now I have 10 seven day guest passes to give out. After using the guest key if you like the game and want to purchase it (it's buy to pay so you only have to buy it once) there is a half off promotion for the game so it ends up only being 10 dollars. For every key that eventually buys the game I get rewards so that would be good for me :p If anyone would like one let me know and I'll pm you a key.
  2. No Khajiits or beast-races? Pass. :rolleyes:
    Roslyn likes this.
  3. Empyrion doesn't have either of those but you still play that :p
    Roslyn likes this.
  4. I hold out hope that one day I can mod in a playable space-tiger. ;) Although I've been fighting tooth and claw for months just to get some decent textures in the game to play with. One battle at a time.

Anyway, honest truth is I've lost my interest in MMOs almost entirely. It would take something really spectacular to convince me to give it another try, and what I've seen of Black Desert just didn't impress me enough. Plus, the whole "Open world PvP" aspect is a huge drawback for me. I know some people love that kind of thing, but PvP is more toxic than kryptonite to this particular feline.
  5. I don't know if you tinkered with the files a bit on Empyrion but they've sneaked in a Race file and one of the current obvious races is Human. It may hint at future species you can play as.
    Kephras likes this.
  6. Encouraging, but I'm not really worried about it at this stage. They're still refining the player model (6.0 gives us armor types, yay!) and their lore / enemy roster is all over the place - there's no solid foundation or backstory for any "playable alien race," much as I'd love one.
    Roslyn likes this.
  7. So they finally are going to add armor types after nearly two years, about damn time. As for the playable race bit, it would be cool to play as the aliens and have all the bases populated by humans. Don't see that ever happening though.
  8. It might. NPCs will eventually get implemented at some point, and "Civilian Settlements" were added back when 0.5 dropped. There's also the matter of different factions and "origin" planets, which I don't fully understand but seem related to how alliances (are / will be) set up.