BigDavie's SMP1 Scavenger Hunt [Sunday 5PM]

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by BigDavie, Mar 4, 2017.

1. I have hidden 8 chests on SMP1, 3 in town and 5 in the wasteland. At 5PM emc time Sunday March 5th I will reveal 8 maps in this thread. You will then hunt out the chests. On finding the chests there will be a shop sign to buy a 1r item, buy the item and move onto the next chest. Once you have bought enough items to claim a prize PM me. If you are first to claim that prize you win.

Goals and Prizes
    I have 3 BigDavie heads to giveaway one to each of the players who first reach the goals
    1. Found all 3 Town chests claimed by Sachrock
    2. Found all 5 Wasteland chests claimed by Rundercaster
    3. Found all 8 chests claimed by Rundercaster
    It is possible that the same player may win multiple heads.

Since the is no more prizes I will remove the shop sign and place normal signs in their place so players can still do the scavenger hunt.
    FAQ
    Not fair I am 100,000 blocks out in smp1 frontier, do you hate me? No I don't hate anyone, I am sorry you will not be able to attend, maybe next time on another server.

I have no rupees :sadface:, how can I buy the 1r items? Vote for EMC and you will get at least 100r.

Wow you are selling X item for 1r, I know a shop buying them for 5r can I fill my inventory with them? No, the shops signs are only there to prove you have visited the chest not for making a profit. Please buy one only.

My friend found one of the chests and says it sold him item X, I have an item X on me do I need to visit that chest? Yes, it is not the item that is needed but the act of buying it. I can verify using square that you bought the items which would only be possible if you found the chest.

Do I need to keep the item? No you can discard it, sell it or even frame it.

Are the chests underground? All the wasteland chests are above ground or within structures but some might be under a tree, cliff overhang or whatever. Some of the town ones are underground.

The three in town are they not going to be super easy to find? Two of them yes, but the third I think might be the hardest chest to find of all 8.

Can I use livemap? Yes, in fact when testing staff exclusively used livemap to locate the general area the chest were in the wasteland.

I have already found a chest can I buy the item now and save it for event? You can buy it now but I will only be counting sales after start of event.

Good luck.
  2. As promised here are the maps:
    Wasteland

Town
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. I will try to make it :)
    DarkModFallen and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Sadly this isn't my type of thing plus I will probably be doing homework by then. Sorry but I cannot attend :/
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I don't think I can go :( I have a 5k run, but I will attend if possible!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. I have a little bit of time before UHC, gonna scout these down.
    DarkModFallen and Equinox_Boss like this.
  7. Awesome!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Thank you, BigDavie! This sounds fun!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Fun event!!! I'll try to make it. Lots to do today.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. This sounds awesome!

I would feel more comfortable if somehow there was a limit on the chests that it could only be bought once per player, but I realize that's probably impractical.

Knowing my mouse, I'd probably accidentally click twice or something. And I know a lot of people may not read the thread and realize that buying the item multiple times is something you ask them not to do. And that wouldn't be fair to those who did read the thread and were following the rules.

Anyways, I guess that's up to staff to deal with. But if there is a practical way to impose the limit I think that might be a net time saver in never having to deal with any violations.

Edit: Also, I just realized your last paragraph says you can buy the item now but it wont count, and that means combined with a buy once rule means that someone would therefore be unable to win if they already clicked a shop sign.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Don't worry about accidentally buying too many as I have used CHOOSE shops to prevent this.
    Equinox_Boss, ShelLuser and ChumMiner like this.
  12. I feel the need to point out that "scavenger" is spelled wrong in the title...:oops:
  13. This is awesome! I probably won't be attending myself (I'm usually very busy with other stuff) but I just want to compliment Davie on the ad. up there. I especially like it how you included the /vote'ing option which, honestly guys, is a very good way to get some rupees.

I'm wishing everyone the best of luck on your quest for the secret chests! :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. I sense a clue.
  15. No it's not. And I refute any allegation that I edited it after I saw your post!
    sheepishly hides
  16. So the 20 minutes I spent hovering over the live map looking for a residence with an owner that had anger in their name was spent wastefully? :eek:
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. Cant make it :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. As I started late but completed the town hunt. I look to the live map and discover many people out in the waste. I know when I've been beat. Congrats to the soon to be winners. I'm off the the real world again.
  19. Now that all the heads have been claimed, I'm curious to know where #3 was. I could not for the life of me find out where it was.