Big forests, vast mountain ranges, and Adventure!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 8comimi, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Count me in!! (Block by block contest?)
  2. Cool idea. But this most likely will not be implimented by EMC as a location or world. Though perhaps included in future 'adventures' after DT?

As others have said, this can be build by you. The 'Empires' protection system that will be coming out sometime can be used to 'protected' the area. I'm not sure how customisable the area would be for allowing mobs etc, but it's maybe.

You'd want to build it far out in the wild to avoid most griefers.
  3. I had thought of the DT protecting land idea. That would be extremely helpful, as long as mobs could spawn in the area.
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  4. If you do really want this go in the wild, fuld a nice area and build to your hearts desire, emc is a vanilla server so they probably wouldn't implement this... I know it sounds crazy to go and build a biome but I know people who do it, what you do is design it on a super flat world then gat materials on EMC finally get building
  5. I have a design of what the forest will look like at my Utopian residence 5394. Come check it out and tell me what you think. :)
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  6. I'll come soon.but u didn't answer If ur gonna put this on block by block contest.
  7. Oh, I haven't really been to the block by block thread and what not. I guess I could check it out.
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  8. If this is on block by block, I'll come no matter WHAT(unless EMC games come. Then I'm absent for that day)
  9. Where is the block by block thread?
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  10. This actually is a really great idea, I don't think EMC would lean twards the ideas of the quests
  11. Aikar has included quests in his 'roadmap for the future' ideas thread. So quests may be on the books sometime in the future.

But even if they are not hardcoded in, I definitely plan on organising some quests in the future. :) It'll be fun.
  12. Brickstrike has a signature with a link to the thread.
  13. Sounds awesome.
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  14. I am about to step foot into my amazing new project! This will all be happening on smp9 and for faster travel, I will be using nether portals. Wish me and my helpers good luck, and if you still want to help, tell me on my other thread labeled "Project Dark Forest." When we have finished the forest, I will create a new thread sharing the nether portal coordinates and to basically just talk about and share ideas for the future of the great forest!
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  15. So on smp9??? Lucky me I've been in the wastelands doin stuff, and I have alota items there already :D can u show where it is?? I know the location of a iron farm, so that's no problem. A village needing help would be cool
  16. first of all, Griefers are no reason not to build this project. I like the idea. Easiest way to do it is find an extreme mountain area in the wild and start building.

I would be happy to lend my services if this is something you want to do.
  17. I would start at a forest for building, but I expect this to be around 300X350 - 500X750 IF we complete the thing. 1 year of lots of building...
  18. Oh yeah, about the protection system.is there gonna be a type of derelict on the protected area?
  19. I was thinking around 1,000x 1,000 or even more!
    Qwerty189 likes this.