Best way to make minecraft videos?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by no_thing, Jul 13, 2012.

1. What's the best way to capture minecraft videos?
    Your help will be greatly appreciated!
  2. What is the cost?
  3. Best video editor is Sony Vegas Pro.

Best sound editor is Audacity.
  4. Audacity is free the other two are costly. But for good quality you gotta pay.
  5. Just downloaded it :) Thanks guys.
    Ps. I got the demo thing
  6. the demo only lets you record like 15 second clips at a time
  7. Bandicam is actually a lot better than FRAPS. But you cannot pirate it if you use a 64 bit system. I use FRAPS only until I can afford bandicam. Seriously. higher quality, all the files record into one video instead of a buncha mixed ones.

I use Camtasia Studio to Edit my videos. Audacity is pretty decent, but Camtasia has audio enhancement ability as well.
  8. Hey with fraps I get REALLY bad video frame rates.
  9. I have to disagree with you here.
    I have used Fraps, Bandicam, and Playclaw. Fraps by quite a bit has the most potential if for no other reason than recording the raw video, meaning it doesn't encode it for you like both Bandicam and Playclaw, allowing you to edit and encode a higher quality copy. If you are getting better video quality from Bandicam or Playclaw then you are encoding your Fraps videos poorly.

Jimbonothing64, if you are getting bad FPS, limit the FPS in fraps to 30 fps since that is fitting for youtube, and if its still too low, do half res captures. You really want to do 30 FPS at full res though.
  10. By better quality I mean not only with sound and video but withmt frameraye as well. My traps framerate cap is 60 but it drops me down from near three hundred to about thirty when I run it. Bandicam is much easier on my GPS and the fact that all the videos are encoded already makes orginizing it much easier. Let alone videos eat up a lot of HD space and you want as few as possible. We aren't talking about him having q high end PC. I doubt he does. And if he can't run the necessary software to make fraps work effectively then banficam is a better option since he wont NEED to edit it for it to beusable.
  11. Good points, I've really only used them on high end gaming rigs, so if Bandicam or Playclaw perform better on his rig then by all means, use 'em :)
  12. My computer SUCKS! It's about 10 years old. It was never fast eather.
    Mum refuses to get a new one.
  13. Can I suggest that you use the default minecraft texture? I hate videos that use different textures.
  14. Ignore all those silly phone auto corrects :p