Beacon, Help please

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Capt_Bill_1st, May 9, 2017.

1. I have a prob. I set up my beacon on iron set the haste II, have a E-V pick and nothing changed, when I see others using a beacon they are going through stone and every thing else like it was nether rack. please help, what am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help

Capt Bill 1st
  2. A beacon needs a path to light. You can place stained glass and certain items but not solid blocks
  3. Place your beacon as low as possible, the light need to hit the sky and you can have the enchantment around and above the beacon, not below it. The iron block pyramid need to be full, no hollow center at least 3 lvl high.
  4. Did you give the almighty beacon gods a sacrifice? They like Diamonds, Gold, Emeralds and for some reason Iron too.
  5. I have the beacon base at y level 9 the beam goes clear to the sky I have given it a sacrifice of iron I've tried gold I've tried Diamond I've tried Emerald the icon shows up in the right-hand corner of my screen of a heart and a pickaxe or haste to but it does not change the speed at which I mind. I am confused as to why I cannot mind faster then my level 5 Efficiency gives me
  6. Is this near a spawn ? What smp? Maybe one of us can come out and see.
  7. I am in the frontier SMP 1 but I'm at -50,000 by -50,000 it takes about 20 minutes in the nether just to run with swiftness potion 2. I have lit up every single cave in the area I've cordoned-off one chunk which is a slime spawn I have the entire area that I have mined out lit up with torches and jack-o-lanterns. Do I have to drink some sort of potion as well to make it insta mine like that. I have found quite a few mob spawners but I have them lit as well unless I am grinding them
  8. Sounds like this is your outpost... Best not to post the coords. As for the beacon, I don't know. Maybe tear it all down and lay the iron base back down and then place the beacon. Give it an emerald this time and change it to haste again.
  9. I'll give that a try after when I get off work, thanks. I'll let you know what happens
    AncientTower likes this.
  10. Well, I took it down and rebuilt the pyramid, used a emerald to power it and I still am no faster at mining than my normal E-IV and E-V pick
    AncientTower likes this.
  11. This may just be stating the obvious, but you need to have the full pyramid, click the gold pick, click the second gold pick on the right of the beacon GUI next to the heart, and THEN sacrifice the iron/gold/diamond/emerald/whatever.
  12. thank you for your input, the pyramid is solid not hollow, the beacon has been fed and clicked correctly, I just don't understand.
  13. I have had trouble getting beacons to activate sometimes. Usually I can't click the perks when this happens. I have usually just broken & replaced the beacon itself (not the whole pyramid). You stated that you had the icon in the top right working, so sounds like the beacon is ok. Did you open your inventory to see if the perk was listed to the left of your character? Also, perk only works out to 50 blocks from the center of the pyramid. Perhaps log out and back in? Not all blocks can be insta-mined even with H2 and E5. If it persists, contact staff. They can TP to you and might be able to help.
  14. We had trouble for a few minutes, I had to click the gui a few times, but we got it working :)
  15. The amazing EMC staff to the rescue! Thank you for your time & your service to the great Empire, Sir Toad!
    Capt_Bill_1st and Eviltoade like this.
  16. hehe thanks <3
    :)
    Mob_Meal likes this.
  17. Glad Evil was able to help you get it up and running. Go mine, go mine like you've never mined before Captain...
    Mob_Meal and Capt_Bill_1st like this.
  18. What was the problem?
    Capt_Bill_1st likes this.
  19. Honestly I'm not entirely sure, we broke the beacon, replaced it, then tried the gui a few times before it would work. They have always been a little wonky
    Mob_Meal, Capt_Bill_1st and Pab10S like this.
  20. Thank you very much Eviltoade for your help and thank you to the whole empire community for trying to walk me though this prob. this is truly a great group of Minecrafters. thanks again to all.

Capt Bill 1st
    UltiPig, Eviltoade and Mob_Meal like this.