Battle of 1001 Deaths: Organized Bed-Suicide PVE 3rd Edition Nether Event

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Grimm_Pantalones, Aug 22, 2022.

1. This will be the 3nd Iteration of EMC Most Popular Public Event: The Vaunted 'Battle of 1001 Deaths'

The Details:
    What: Organized player-vs-mobs fighting. Diff 10, enraged mobs, and minibosses. The only tools/weapons permitted are blocks for crossing fire/lava....and beds. Armor is restricted to leather armor ONLY. (I may provide unenchanted iron if I have a stash to clear out of inventory, but otherwise you'll be limited to bringing only leather).

Who: Anyone who likes organized PVE events, hates piglins, and has skill in trying to sleep amidst adverse conditions.

Where: The Nether Waste, right off a EMC outpost. SMP and specific outpost TBD. Look for updates on this.

When: Tentatively Either Sat. Aug 27th or Sun Aug. 28th. Tentatively 7pm CST.

WHY GRIMM: I still haven't been made Green (#GreenGrimm2022), so I have limited options for unique, yet engaging public events. Last summer I hosted the 1st edition of this event and we had 10-20 ppl in attendance for >2hrs. In Jan (2022) I hosted the 2nd edition and there was about the same. I'm hoping to get 30 people this time. Combat via Bed-Suicide PVE is a very level playing field and both young and old, noob or veteran player can succeed at this.

Details: I'll have supplies for 1001 beds to be made. I've already received some assistance for this, but donations of wool or logs would be appreciated to allow me more time in planning this.
    • The event will consist entirely of en-mass free-for-all style player vs NPCs in the nether. You place a bed and right click it near the mob to injure/kill them.
    • Enraged Mobs and Minibosses will both be on.
    • Being the Nether there will be a lot of Fire, Lava, and Death.
    Will There Be Prizes: The Glory of combat and fiery death should be prize enough you traitors!
    ...That being said, many mob heads and loot will be available: feel free to scoop the field of loot, just don't let it distract you from your primary goal of dying in combat...repeatedly... and often.
    Players participating will be asked to turn head drop on, and many of these are prizes enough, as many do not normally have their head for sale at any price. I

*I'm also working on how to track who kills the most netherhounds/enraged/minibosses, and if I can figure this out there will be a prize for this as well.
    (should anybody want to donate to the prize pool that is welcome. there will be a donation box available at /v 7888 on SMP3)
    Remember only those who die gloriously in battle will reach Odin's Hall!.
    Show NO hesitation, no mercy, and let them hear your battle cry, "I think I'll take a nap!". Only those that follow these rules will be heard in song and story for ages to come!

**More Updates on the event, changes to the time/place of it, etc will be occurring so keep an eye on this thread up until the big day.
    TECtock, Raaynn, 607 and 2 others like this.
  2. i might be able to attend but, if anybody needs some beds i will be able to give you some, just message me
    Grimm_Pantalones likes this.
  3. Marvelous, can't wait :)
  4. What a unique idea! I don't think I had caught wind of the previous editions. I won't be there, though (I'm occupied and have very little interest in playing Minecraft anyway :p).