Bad Packet ID Errors: PLEASE READ! (DO NOT USE MAPS IN ITEM FRAMES!)

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Nov 3, 2012.

1. this is what i did lol everyone was mad at me hahahahaahahhaha they are all like RHINO u made us get kicked for 30 minutes. i was like :(
  2. Is it fixed? I havn't tried logging in yet but will soon.
  3. I initially had this error yesterday when trying to log in for the first time in a while. I force updated my client and immediately tried to connect, that is the only strange thing I did prior to log-in.

It only lasted for one attempt and I was able to connect immediately afterward to the same server. I am not sure what caused it but it is fine. I will try connecting again now to see how it responds.
  4. no problems for me.
  5. Ohhh.
  6. I've talked to Mojang :p

I was, fortunately, not one of the affected players, but if I get it in the future i'll just do that.
  7. Yes...
  8. The cause has been around.

Please do not put maps into Item Frames.
    The issue is fixed on 1.4.4

Anytime a player puts a map into an item frame, anyone who goes near the area will cause everyone in that world to disconnect. restarting server clears the map so it fixes it.

I will be putting measures in to block it shortly.
  9. :O Maps! I knew they were the problem....
  10. Selling DIY crashing kits! Only 300 rupees
  11. exact steps is not as simple as placing a map into an item frame... ( i cant even replicate the crash yet) but it is related to maps in general though.
  12. Maps in frames causing player crashes... who'da thunk it..
  13. Whoops. No more map art for a while, then :/

Edit: Does simply looking at a map cause any errors? Or just hanging them?
  14. i am having this error if you have any idea aikar, Internal exception: java.io.IOException recieved string length longer then maximum allowed (6369 > 20), when trying to connnect to smp5
  15. ugh sounds like same issue.

basically some specific scenarios corrupts the network stream and blows everything up.
  16. ok :( thanks for replying
  17. soz D: i am like always trying to log in
  18. Happening at smp1 at this moment lol the String length thing
  19. So I log in and get the problem but not with my alt...
  20. I think there is another prob right now on all it says hen i try to get on is

Recieved String Length Longer Than Maximum Allowed [30876 > 64]

This is kicking every1 out of smp1 idk about other servers