Auto-protected blocks in waste

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by LindenNZ, Jan 3, 2021.

1. This is what is not auto-protected

ANDESITE
    BASALT
    BLACKSTONE
    BROWN_TERRACOTTA
    COARSE_DIRT
    COBBLESTONE
    DIORITE
    DIRT
    END_STONE
    GRANITE
    GRAVEL
    LIGHT_GRAY_TERRACOTTA
    NETHERRACK
    ORANGE_TERRACOTTA
    RED_SAND
    RED_TERRACOTTA
    SAND
    SOUL_SAND
    SOUL_SOIL
    STONE
    TERRACOTTA
    WHITE_TERRACOTTA
    YELLOW_TERRACOTTA

I wonder if crops should not be auto-protected also? If someone harvests and replants at a village those crops are no longer able to be harvested by any other player and it prevents the ability to have temporary community farms in the waste because there is no way to switch off auto-protection in the waste.

I have also encountered protected dirt/grass blocks in the waste. I wonder if they were placed as grass blocks and ended up protected that way? (I don't have the location for examples sorry, but if I encounter them again I'll screencap the location. I've come across protected grass blocks on more than one SMP). In my opinion grass blocks, mycelium and podzol should not be auto-protected., neither should regular sandstone. I'm thinking about those of us who do some landscape repair now and then, filling creeper holes etc to keep the ground walkable for other players. I want to fill holes for maintenance but not necessarily lock blocks to make it unusable or annoying for others.
  2. Actually there is a lot that is now auto-protected in the waste that I think shouldn't be - vines, leaf blocks, all crops, all flowers, mossy cobble, clay blocks, regular logs, mushrooms, bamboo, sugar cane, cactus, berry bushes, saplings, long grass. These are all things that if I place in the waste I want other players to be able to destroy and take, I don't want them protected as I don't want to interfere in others use of the waste. I will often place down flowers etc just to get them out of my inventory or add a log to repair a tree blasted by a creeper.

(Grass blocks ARE currently protected, I just tested it.)