"Authentication Servers Down for Matenance"

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Nekyasai, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Is anyone else getting this error when they try to connect to EMC? It's happening on every server I try to connect to. I uninstalled and re-installed MineCraft, and nothing changed
  2. That literally means the servers are down for maintenance. This isn't anything to do with your client, your internet, or EMC. Mojang regularly does this and all you can do is wait it out.
    EDIT: To clarify: People who were already on a server when the authentication went down will still be on, but nobody can join during that period.
  3. Oh, thank you. I was so frustrated at my computer. Guess for once it wasn't messing up...
    EDIT: Just checked Mojang's site. It says the authentication servers are up
  4. Problem is that this can be caused by just about everything.

When there is a problem between the Empire & Mojangs auth servers you'll suffer from it even though it might work on other servers ("those we do not speak off" ;)). But the same applies other way around: if there is a problem between your connection and Mojang then good luck getting onto any server at all (most likely your cache will be considered outdated and you'll be told to restart your game, which won't have any effects).

Keep in mind: an Internet connection is not a "one on one" event. It's not your computer talking to EMC's server, there's a whole lot of stuff in between as well, which can all cause problems for you.

In general patience is the best solution here.
  5. It's been a few days and I still can't connect. It may just be my computer :(
  6. If you have another computer, or know of someone who has a laptop, bring it to your house, see if you can connect if, you can, its your computer if not, its your internet, and you can contact your ISP.
  7. Ok, so I am assuming Windows here. The first thing you can try is this:
    • Press Win-R ("execute" option) then enter 'cmd' in the entry field, this will start a dos box.
    • Now enter: ping play.emc.gs and press enter.
    You should see something like this:

If you get the same results then that means there's a hiccup in your client somewhere, if you only get time-outs then there's a hiccup in the connection somewhere.

I'd start here.
    607 likes this.
  8. I think I have this problem too? I can't join any MC server. After a few seconds, it says
    'Not authenticated with minecraft.net' What does this mean? Or is it the same problem?