[Auction] XP Grinder - (1 Spider, 2 skeleton, 2 zombie)

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by SephirothWS, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agreed with nmanley. I understand the rules completely, and I will follow any rules made, but the fact that nothing has been PUBLICLY released means that auctions, such as this one, should be carried out to completion. The owner of this auction didn't purposely break the rules, the rules just weren't known.
  2. In real life, auctions cannot be ended midway just because a rule was unknown before the starting of the auction.

This is a mature server and should be run the same. This auction should at least be allowed to be finished, as per the ruling out of mob spawner auctions was unknown by all and not mentioned publically until it had started. The decision of now auctioning these anymore is fine, but until public documentation of this ruling is announced, the any currently running auction or future auction of mob spawners should be allowed.

-roblikescake - Chair of the EMC Cake Party
  3. In real life , there is such a thing as a retroactive law.
  4. A retroactive law is "having reference to things that happened in the past, prior to the occurrence of the act in question".

Yes, this auction started after the ruling was decided. However, it was not publically announced. Retroactive law applies to crimes and wrong-doings, this is an auction.
  5. Just after the thread started, I was on utopia, building a big 'Empire Minecraft' in the floor for -
    Well, the point is, Aikar (EYE CAR) came along and told us about the staff meeting they had held. He talked about what they had decided, specifically regarding mob caps and spawner auctions. Afterwards, the people of utopia had a little discussion about this particular thread. It's not right to close it down now imo. We weren't given enough public warning, in this case, to have not started it in the first place. Sure, you guys may have made your decision before the thread originated, but did we know about it? No. It is the right of Sephiro to do what he wants with it. If he stills wants to close it down, whatever. I will stop arguing this side. But if what I think is right, and he WANTS to sell this thing for the rupees, then I think this auction should continue to run until it is cfinished and the item has been purchased.
    EDIT: At approximately 3 AM EST, shaunwhite1982 said this:

If you read this post carefully, you will note that the rules regarding spawner auctions are 'being worked out' and 'will be disallowed soon.' This post was made much after bob23646 stated that they had ALREADY made this decision. Are all staff on the same page here?
  6. Don't worry. I have yet to write up the official rule for this, and any auctions that were started PRIOR to my post of said rule are good to go. :)
  7. So then the auction continues...
    xbox360redbull likes this.
  8. If the auction is sill going on then i won :)
  9. I don't think that's very fair if you did.

I bid 95k.
  10. Its not very fair because of the fact that there were no bids being allowed for the past 24~36 hours as things was being debated/discussed on the account of a moderator who stepped in and said this is closed. I would like some sort of clarification here, because a mod stated that the auction is closed, then I said it was closed, on the account of this new rule, because I don't want to be breaking any rules that I may or may not have known about.

Therefore, all I ask is if the timer is reset, or what I should do in this situation?
  11. A bit of clarification from ICC would help.
  12. My bad, guys. I should have talked to ICC before I took action. I'm sorry. Continue the auction. The last bid was less than 24 hours ago, so nobody has won yet.
    nmanley likes this.
  13. Alrighty then - I bid 95k.
    margaritte likes this.
  14. Wow high bidders
  15. The mod come in when it was 5mins left to bid
  16. Lol
  17. ?
  18. Por que?
  19. There was a bid of 90k @ 6:57 PM. The mod chimed in @ 7:08 PM that same day.

Auction rules state that the auction closes after TWENTY FOUR hours with no bids. There was only 11 minutes between the bid and the mod chiming in.

Therefore, AlexChance is in the lead with 95k and 23 hours, 15 minutes before auction close (Unless another bid)
    AlexChance, nmanley and roblikescake like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.