[Auction Service] Weekly In-Game Auctions

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by Sefl, Sep 14, 2018.

?

Do you think this will survive?

Yes 3 vote(s) 25.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Maybe if it all runs smoothly 9 vote(s) 75.0%
  1. Auctions at 18398 on SMP9!

How this Auction service will work is I myself Sefl51 will host an auction in game at 18398 each Saturday. Bidders and Sellers are welcome!

Auction Times - Auctions will be hosted on Saturday each week between the times of 7 PM - 9 PM EMC Time!

- Exact time will vary but will be start between 7 and 9 PM
    - Advertisements for the auction on Saturday letting you know when its beginning will be done 1 Hour before start time
    - Along with the advertisements, the thread will be update with the start time minimum 24 hours before start time
    - Maybe more days as this business expands!

How do I auction item(s)?
    If you would like to auction item(s) with me you will need to contact me before 12:00 (Midnight) EMC Time on Thursday before the auction in order to set up drop off in the auction houses storage.
    - Contact me via PM on the forums ONLY!
    - You will have a 24 Hour time frame to drop off your items on my res from Noon on Friday until Noon on Saturday
    - If you are not able to drop off your items in this time frame your Auction Slot Fee will be refunded! (I understand stuff in life happens :D )

How much does it cost to auction item(s)?
    It is a Flat Fee for all item(s) the price ranges from 100r - 800r based on the auction slot (Currently #1-15) For the first week of this there are going to be 15 slots available see pricing below!

What item(s) can I auction with this service?
    You are able to auction any items you like with this service however there are a few restrictions on quantity along with a restriction on Mixed Lots!

- You may auction any item up to a quantity of 3 DC's (Limited storage available for the first week so if you plan on auctioning 2 - 3 DC's of an Item please contact early!)
    - Currently with this service you may not auction off different items in a single lot (Ex. 64 Gold Block and 64 Lapis Block)
    - Mixed Lots will be added in the coming weeks!

Pricing of Auction Slots!
    (This price may vary week to week)
    Slot #1 800r - Slot #2 750r - Slot #3 650r - Slot #4 500r - Slot #5 250r - Slot #6-15 100r

Additonal Fees!
    100r If you would like to start your auction HIGHER then 100r!
    100r If you would like to RAISE the 100r Minimum Bid Increment!
    (ALL Auctions will start at 100r and have a Minimum Bid Increment of 100r)

Rules for Auction Slots!
    - Slots are the order in which the auction day goes Slot #1 will be the first auction to go!
    - Auction Fees are due at the time of approval of your items! (After I clear your items to be auctioned via PM on the forums)
    - Access for items on Friday will not be set up until Fee is paid!

How may I bid on these auctions?
    ALL Players are welcome! However... IF You do not pay for your auction at the end of the auctions your move will be taken off of this res (No warnings, if you have any issues please let me know ahead of time)
    - For bidding make sure you are using residence chat (All Community, Market, and Local chat bids will be not accepted)
    - Payment will be taken at the end of the auctions and I will distribute them among the sellers! (No extra fees other then the slot fee will be charged sellers will receive the full amount of their sale!)
    - We will start the bidding off at 100r on ALL Auctions (Unless the Seller pays the extra fees for a Higher Starting price)
    - Bid Increment of less then 100r will be ruled invalid!
    - We will allow ROUGHLY 5-10 Seconds after each bid before starting a countdown of Going once, Going Twice, Sold to whoever has the highest bid!
    - Finally if we will go off of my screen (I am able to upload screenshots to Imgur to show proof) IF by chance someone's final bid is inside / outside of the Sold! (I understand "Glitches" may occur)

2. September 22, 2018! (1st ever auction! :eek:)

Update - 8 PM Start time

Slot #1 - Beacon
    Slot #2 - Wither Skeleton Skull
    Slot #3 - 64 Iron Blocks
    Slot #4 - Eff V Unb III Diamond Axe
    Slot #5 - 3 DC's of Sand
    Slot #6 - Emeralds
    Slot #7 - 2 Stacks of Lapis
    Slot #8 - Set of Starter Armor
    Slot #9 - 16 Enderpearl Haunted Candy
    Slot #10 - Set of Prot IV Unb III Mending Diamond Armor
    Slot #11 - 3 Saddles
    Slot #12 - 64 Quartz Blocks
    Slot #13 - 64 Golden Carrots
    Slot #14 - 1 DC of Hay Bales
    Slot #15 - 1 Diamond Horse Armor
  3. I suggest not charging the extra fee for the starting price >100r in the first (promotional) time and decide when and if to introduce that fee later.

I'll also suggest simplification of the process for registered auctioneers and an optional pick-up service (for an additional fee), so auctioneers just make access chests on their res, put starting price and send the fee in-game. As simple as possible for both auctioneers and bidders.
    Gawadrolt, ttyler333 and Sefl51 like this.
  4. Thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated, I will for sure think about / look into the set up for pickup. :D
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  5. Perhaps also consider to set the minimum bid increment to a rounded percentage of the current price.
    like 100r for price range up to 5k, 250r up to 10k, 500r up to 20k etc. - something like that, perhaps a bit simpler.
    You have a list and call out next increment after a price has been reached.
    Sefl51 likes this.
  6. Ya know What would be a cool addition to an auction house in game? Redstone! Instead of players just shouting bids in chat, they push a button in their seat to bid the min bid. Could probably wire it so that a big 7 segment display shows current bid and it goes up when someone bids. Would be a ton of work but would be really cool.
    purplebook163 likes this.
  7. You mean including binary registers and an adder? Probably far too complicated because of the decoding and wiring problems.

The idea to have a display is good. Manually operated ... like placing a sign with some info like current auction and current bid increment. Changing it with each bid would be too much hassle.

Recording who won an auction on a sign would be a good practice.

Buttons... I'm not sure about that.

IIUC, the main goal is to have smooth auctions, not waste peoples time and actually sell stuff. Any visual candy or gadget around is welcome only if it does not disturb the function nor require additional effort or time.
  8. Fantastic idea!

I'll try to make it to as many of these as I can. :)
  9. 14 Spots Remaining! :eek:
    Feel free to contact me in order to set up auctioning off item(s)!
    FadedMartian likes this.
  10. Down to 13 Auction Slots!
    I forgot to mention if an auction slot doesn't sell I will use my own personal items to auction off!
    purplebook163 and FadedMartian like this.
  11. Once again 13 Auction Slots available!
    Official time will be 8 PM this Saturday!
  12. Still 13 Slots available!
    Hope to see lots of bidders there also!
  13. Sefl51 I think this is a super cool idea! What are you getting out of it? Do you get a portion of the rupees from the auction or something else? Just curious for your own sake! :D
  14. I tried to take as "little" as possible so I'm only getting a few rupees to cover the cost of book and quills and for my time advertising and hosting. The only cost for you guys the "sellers" is the auction slot fee and the optional auction changes. It is completely free to bidders other then the cost for buying the items ;)
  15. Access for the sellers has been set up at 18398 on smp9!
    Currently Editing the post for the rest of the items I will auction from my personal "collection" for you guys to bid on!
  16. Will definitely try and be there. Looks like some goodies 😛
    Sefl51 likes this.
  17. Today is the day! Hope to see lots of you there bidding! :rolleyes:
  18. So excited! There looks to be a lot of good stuff up for auction. :D
  19. now 4 minutes to start time! Hope to see lots of peeps here! :eek:
    purplebook163 likes this.
  20. Welp... I'm terrible at this :oops: this wasnt supposed to happen tomorrow cause of plans to go to a corn maze with family... but those got cancelled so now it's too late to plan this out so I will POSSIBLY :eek: be doing a live stream tomorrow (depending on what time I wake up) On the lives tream i will building a certain something on a utopia res.
    Slvr likes this.