[AUCTION] Momentus toothpick LIGHTNING ROUND!!! (1 Hour)

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by ShyguytheGamer1, Oct 12, 2015.

1. EmpireBrothers cast a 50k bid at 3:23 PM, exactly when the auction ended. EmpireBrothers is the winner.
  2. Actually...wrong. Nccoryg DID win.
  3. The ending time posted was clearly 3:23, 3:22 was never stated in the OP of the auction.
  4. I'm a bit confused. The OP says the auction ends at 3:23 meaning
  5. Incorrect actually. Per the auction terms, bidding ends at 3:23pm yesterday, so only bids placed before 3:23 PM are accepted.

EDIT: Think about this way. If you have a court appearance at 2pm and you showed up thirty seconds later, would you be on time or late? You would be late would you not? The agreement was to arrive at 2:00:00 PM, not 2:00:30 PM.

Auctions work the same way. This particular auction ends at 3:23:00 PM yesterday, so only bids up to 3:22:59 PM are accepted (not that seconds matter because timestamps don't track them, but you get the idea). Any bid placed at 3:23:00 PM and on would not be considered valid bids because the auction had already ended.

Therefore the winner of this auction is ChickenDice.

6. Sorry for the incomplete post, I spazzed and couldnt edit it.

I'm a bit confused. The OP says the auction ends at 3:23 meaning at 3:23 the auction was over. I suggest being more specific in future auctions like this. Something a long the lines of "After 3:23, no bids are valid. This means 3:23:59 is valid but 3:24:00 isn't" otherwise it can lead to confusion like this. :(
  7. Thanks elfin, I mailed to chickendice and refunded Nccoryg.
  8. Just to confirm the auction ended when the time changed from 3:22 to 3:23. This was clarified by ShyNub here. The winner is the last bid before 3:23pm.
    ChickenDice likes this.