[Auction] "Emergency Snow Clearing Device"

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by Alek09, Sep 16, 2017.

1. I want to make it perfectly clear that this is not a real ESCD. It's a wood shovel named "Emergency Snow Clearing Device." It's a joke. I thought it would be funny after seeing everyone else auctioning off their real ones and saturating the market with them. It's not my fault if you don't read this or look at the image and think it's real. Also, as far as I know this doesn't break any rules. Rules say the title has to be the name of the item. This item is indeed named "Emergency Snow Clearing Device." Please don't sue me.

Item: Wood shovel with Silk Touch named "Emergency Snow Clearing Device"
    Starting Bid: 0 rupees
    Minimum Bid Increment: 1 rupee
    Auction Ending Time: 48 hours after last valid bid
    Pickup: Either mailed to winner or available for pickup at /v 1331 on SMP1. Winner may choose the more convenient option for them.
  2. Zero rupees :)
  3. 1 rupee. It shall be displayed on my wall
  4. 2 WHOLE ruppes :p
  5. Bump.

I mean, I know this thing is only worth the 3 rupee current bid, but do you really want to pass up the chance to get such a beautiful, one-of-a-kind shovel? An opportunity like this comes once in a lifetime! You'll probably never see a silk touch wood shovel again, because no one but me is stupid enough to waste XP levels on a wood shovel for a joke.
  6. 4 whole rupees
  7. 5 Individual Rupees
  8. 12 half rupees
  9. See the funny thing is if this goes for under 50 rupees and the winner chooses mail, I'd be taking a loss on this auction.

Whoever wins this, please choose mail.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  10. Invalid bid. Half rupees cause confusion and may have killed this auction. (use brackets on real amount if you must use them).

In any case, I will pay 13 haunted rupees.
  11. That is an odd looking ESCD ;)
    100r
  12. Then to be honest I'd say haunted rupees would be at least just as confusing, since we've also had haunted candy....

101 rupees to make this post valid.
  13. I think the reason that no more people bid is that many of these ESCD auctions get overlooked - I also won a regular ESCD for 16666 (normal...) rupees, and like 3 more for also really good prices.

Add to that that I posted my bid at 9 AM EMC time, which I've found to be quite a quiet time, so not many people will have seen it then, and because the auction host hadn't bumped the thread until this night (EMC time), (almost) no one will have seen it after either.

Apologies to Alek for the rambling. :p To compensate I'll raise my bid to 222 rupees. ;) (444 half rupees :p)
    Baradar67 likes this.
  14. Clear, concise reasoning. How refreshing to see a non-argumentative argument that is well thought out and has no personal attacks. (And probably correct to boot). I salute you!

And raise you another 222 half-rupees!

333r
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  15. I was kinda hoping this thing would end under 50 rupees so I could take a loss on it. Also I think Tomvan was right. Too many ESCD auctions leads to people thinking "why bother clicking another?" I know I sure don't click on any of them.
    deathconn likes this.
  16. As of six hours ago, Baradar won the auction for the most beautiful enchanted tool ever to grace the Empire! He bid way too much for it, but he won. As soon as payment is received, per his request, I will either set up an access chest on my residence, or mail it to him and add it to that potato I mailed to him last week to test how the mailing system works.